MBA vs Trinity

Redtwin

rollredroll,

I had no idea about the other matchups!

As far as moving the Trinity-MBA game to Vandy for a venue, I think it would be great. As the article mentioned, Trinity plays Louisville St. X annually @ U of L's Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. It's an incredible atmosphere for such a huge game. From what I read here, it would make great financial sense to move the site, thus selling more tickets. Parking would be less of a hassle, and I don't think the stadium would dwarf the crowd at all. That's just my opinion, of course. But, if it was moved, I think the publicity alone would draw an even greater number of spectators not associated with either team. Plus the publicity for the programs and the states would be a boon.

BTW...I forgot to mention that I like this site very much. I harbor similar thoughts about the respectfulness of most posters on this board, and look forward to sticking around for a while, as I really hope either the Trinity-MBA matchup becomes an annual event, or Trinity and any other TN school may become an annaul event.

Edited by rockmom

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think having the game at VU would be fine if they could get at least 25,000 fans there, but I just don't see it happening. Even if it were a possibility of getting that many fans there, wonder how VU officials would feel knowing a high school game drew more at VU than a Commodore game itself?! I think 10,000 fans crammed into a high school stadium has a better atmosphere than 10,000 at an average-at-best DI college stadium like Dudley Field.

I do know that MBA travels to Trinity in 2004.

I know this is a much anticipated game by the fans, and the players. In my opinion, it's a great thing not only for Trinity and MBA, but for Kentucky & Tennessee High School Football as well. Don't you think it would be nice to have annual matchups such as these between KY & TN schools? It can only improve the quality of both states' progams, don't you think?

Tennessee and Kentucky teams have been playing each other for many years. Some of the matchups I am familiar with are Brentwood Academy vs Paducah Tilghman (many times), Tilghman played BA, Memphis Northside, Oak Ridge. Mayfield has played Trousdale Co., Union City. Riverdale played Christian County a few times, and I think Madisonville North Hopkins. Marshall County Ky. has played several Tn. schools. Hopkinsville played Gallatin, Franklin-Simpson played Portland for many years until this year. Westmoreland has played Allen Count-Scottsville, Trousdale County plays Monroe County this year. That is just a few examples I am familiar with.

as a member of the team i would also like to have the game at mba, because i am i senior and with that game we still only have 4 home games during the regular season, and would hate to lose this one. Last year i remember how awesome it would've been to have played in the BA brentwood game because of how packed the house was, and this game would put that to shame.

Ah that MBA/BA playoff game in 96... remember how cold it was that night? Brr, I shiver just thinking about it. Certainly was exciting. Wasn't it the late Tito Lee that put it in to win for BA? Anyways, the game needs to be played at MBA, no questions asked. It'll be an awesome atmosphere no doubt. If I'm in the state, I'll be there. It should be one heck of a game...and though I was raised to hate MBA during my years at BA... GO BIG RED!

Why would they give us respect? They beat us this year in the All Star game, so obviously we didn't earn enough respect. If I had to bed they will beat us again next year. They will have one of the best Qb's in the nation in Brian Brohm as well as one HECK of an offensive line. They have earned the respect and the right to be cocky, so I think we take it until we beat them, and then make them eat their crow!

First I will be 100% honest I am from Ohio, and don't know much about your team.I have watched Trininty play a couple of times.Once last year they destroyed our Big SCHOOL CHAMPS(CINCINNATI ELDER) by a score of 44-20.Brohm made a good defense look like a horrible one.The other game I seen them beat Male(louisville)59-56 IN THEIR STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.Brohm was awesome in that one,also.

Some say Brohm doesn't scramble well.I would beg to differ.He might not be fast,but is a smart and wuick runner,who seems to know is limitations,when it comes to this part of his game.

Some say he will struggle because he lost his top wide receivers.Again I will offer a different out look on this.He is so talented that the drop off will be little or known.He knows his wideouts already and knows what they can or can't do.

I won't make a bold prediction as far as scores goes,but will stick to what I posted on WWW.BLUEGRASSPREPS.COM

"Trinity wins"

Good luck to your school and may you win your state title.

Trinity Alum, I would say that there's room for about 1,000 to 1,500 people in the visitors stands. It could be closer to 2,000, depending on how tight you can squeeze in. It is actually one of the bigger visitors sections that I have seen at a high school stadium in TN. My advice, however, would be to get there very early to get a seat.