most dedicated and respected fans?

JPATS5

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cloudland is the answer for this one. Two years ago when SP played them the people we met and talked to were some of the nicest and friendliest people anywhere. We got there early, ate and just messed around. Everyone wished our team good luck and were so nice. During the game everything changed like a jekyle and hyde thing. They cursed and made smart-a-- remarks and slurs. But after the game I realized that these were different people than we met before the game. Evidently they came from somewhere else. I am sure the people of Roan Mt. know who they are.

Guest region4fan

JPATS, what exactly is your beef with Oakland???rEMEMBER WE ARE TALKING FOOTBALL, NOT BASKETBALL!

I would have to say that there are several places that I feel that the fans are very disrespectful to the visiting fans! At the top of my list would have to be LINCOLN COUNTY!!!! I have also seen fans rude to the opposing visitors at Beech ( the concession stand workers especially), Gallatin, Cumberland County( the cops were awful to our fans after we beat them this year), Lebanon, and Blackman's band.

A Place that we were treated with dignity was Riverdale( it has not always been so though).

I've always admired the dedication shown by fans from Oliver Springs. Go Bobcats!

Recognition should also be given to those fans of Campbell County who get behind their Cougars even though wins have been few. It is easy to support a winner but there is a special place in Heaven for die-hard fans of schools that are win challenged.

The Knoxville News-Sentinel printed an article yesterday in which two Oak Ridge players discuss their feelings on the fans of the Wildcats. I'll just let them tell why I feel Oak Ridge fans are some of the most dedicated:

Article from the Knoxville News-Sentinel By BRAD GASKINS

<<Football is a community affair in Oak Ridge...

Senior safety Adam Black (5-foot-8, 170 pounds) said there's nothing like playing at home on a Friday night.

"The experience of walking down the steps with thousands of fans on the hill and in the stands cheering you on (is an) adrenaline rush," Black said.

He's not alone.

"I love playing football in Oak Ridge," senior halfback Corey Booker (5-8, 185) said. "I don't think there's any other place that I've been to play like Oak Ridge."

There are "kids slapping you on your shoulder, everybody is screaming encouragement," Booker said. "It's a good environment for football." >>

~~GO Wildcats (Hixson and Oak Ridge)

I think Cloudland is the answer for this one. Two years ago when SP played them the people we met and talked to were some of the nicest and friendliest people anywhere. We got there early, ate and just messed around. Everyone wished our team good luck and were so nice. During the game everything changed like a jekyle and hyde thing. They cursed and made smart-a-- remarks and slurs. But after the game I realized that these were different people than we met before the game. Evidently they came from somewhere else. I am sure the people of Roan Mt. know who they are.

KRP. There are disrespectful people from all areas in the state and all over the world. The best thing to do if you don't like it is ignore it. I can honestly say that I, Lander Power was not rude to any South Pittsburg fan that night. Actually I felt sorry for you guys having to drive all that way, endure the cold, endure the slurs, and endure a terrible beating. A word of advice: if you make it that far this year, don't even make the trip cause the same things gonna happen again.

From the posts on this board these schools have dedicated fans.

Smith County

Cloudland

Maryville

Morristown West

Portland

Trousdale County

MBA

Brentwood Academy

Cleveland

Dobyns Bennett

CPA

Ezell Harding

I think the most loyal fans on this board is Smith County fans. Queen Bee may be the most loyal fan. I like fans like her. If you look at every Smith County thread there will be 100 or more responses. I admire their fans.

Edited by REBELRON

Guest Oakland

i'll try to run with this a lil and agree with jpats. at oakland for are some of us at times that do tend to get disrespectful, but what school doesnt. but sometimes you just get so caught up in the rivalries, the passion, the pure excitement of football that at times it can just overwhelm you. i doubt many people feel this way, but i revel in playing a team that has rude, obnoxious fans cuz i think it make us the atmosphere that much more exiciting when you have 2 hyped student sections, and at oakland we definetly take pride at that.

Jpats, you've never seen an oakland football game. How would u know if the fans are disrespectful? ask any of our opponents, and i bet 99% of them say we have a loyal, respectful fan base. NOW BASKETBALL, thats a diff. story....but we wont get into that. but oakland football has great fan support, and i dont think one bit of it is disrespectful. THey are just hyped about their team. But i dont see how u can say that about us when u have never seen oakland play. And if u have, it has been a long time b/c u have no clue what ur talkin about. Really though, what is ur beef with oakland?

I think it will be a lot worse this time. A lot more slurs and cussing and things like that. If they acted that way when yall won imagine how it will be when you lose. But we won't mind.

I'm going to say this one more time, you all don't have a snowballs chance of winning and your not going to even make it that far so don't worry about it.