most dedicated and respected fans?

JPATS5

Guest Oakland

i am sure people like bhsol,oline,riverdale,tdc, and region 4 already know, us boro fans gotta stick together, although the games always get heated they always seem to stay in good taste

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

No offense to the players, fans, or coaches at Blackman.......but I think that your band is very disrespectful of other schools. They were not as bad this year as the year before. They play LOUDLY and with amps when Blackman is on offense. Girls singing on mikes, guitars with amps....LOUD!!!!!!!! A HUGE no-no in any coach's book!!! In my day when the other school's band was playing, it was common courtesy to wait until they were finished before beginning a song. They play when the cheerleaders from their own school are in the middle of cheer with a one of those climbing up things. I think that is rude. Also there was an elderly woman trying to get by in a wheelchair. The band made her wait until they were ALL seated before they let her go by. AND she was a Blackman fan!!! Like I said, they have gotten better, but they need to get over it...the fans come to watch the football teams, not them!!

BSHOL>>>>I am not trying to start anything as it is great for your band to be supportive. Oakland's band has won MAJOR awards, but they know there would not be a marching band without a football team.

I agree with your comments on Blackman's band. I was watching the tape of the game from last year and they never stop! And the camera's mic picks them up very well, even from across the field and up top in the press box. I agree with waiting for the other band to finish playing but there were times where even standing in front of our band I could hear the Blackman band. That's just bad. But hey, they do play very well and the halftime show last year was very nice.

Well, as I'm sure you know I'm not some Brentwood Bruin fan (considering that dreadful Thanksgiving Friday, for Germantown atleast) but their fan base (parents, students, etc.) is a very well-behaved group. I mean, they got pumped when a touchdown was called, but didn't really rub it in our face at the end of the game. Anyways, just wondering if any of y'all have been to a Germantown game (JCM, Brentwood)?