Fastest`s player`s in East TN

2Good4u

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any question pertaining to anything in east Tn football has a bunch of people just waiting to say Mark Byrd. We heard the same thing last year about a thousand times before the Boyd game. But we never saw no great accomplishments on the playing field.

Grow Up.

Mark Byrd is a fine player who has led his team deep into the playoffs the past three years; and for what it's worth, he ran a legitimate 4.4 at Phil Fulmer's football camp last summer... and that's certainly verifiable.

But the bigger question is: why do folks like you always look to put players down. You seem elated that Byrd didn't have an All-Pro game at Boyd. Didn't Boyd actually win the title game? Is it so thrilling for you to see someone lose that you have to visit the board where incidentally the simple question of "speed" is asked, and lambaste an athlete (and fine gentleman) when the topic has nothing at all to do with how great or horrible someone did in a playoff game?

For the past three seasons I've watched in misery as Byrd and company distroyed and demoralized the team that my son plays on. We're (Unaka) not so good. Cloudland is very good. But for goodness sake, give credit where credit's due. Bottom line: Mark Byrd is very, very fast. So there.

I have in no way put Mark Byrd down. He is a fine athlete and a exceptional football player. I'm talking about the ones that jump on and make the posts everytime. I don't remember Mark making any of them. Mark is very fast but Jeremy Allison of SP is just as fast if not faster and that's a fact.

I ran a 4.16 40 yesterday...in cowboy boots. Man, I am sooo fast.

People, people, people, all these blazin' 40 times you guys are apitting out are completely bogus. You have to understand that about 99.999% of 40 times (especially in high school) are HAND TIMED. This method of timing, while still used in some HS track meets, is extremely inaccurate and inconsistent, especially when timing a run of only 40 yards where athletes are crossing the finish line at top speed (and their coaches are timing them). At the very, very least, one should add .24 sec on to a hand time of 200 meters or less. The only kind of 40 time that I'm going to believe would be one in which a fully automatic timing (electronic) system is used.