No Live Radio At Grundy Games

DelTavian

If I was the visiting broadcaster, I would call the game from the stands via telephone and tell that old man coach...who cares, your team is awful.

{{THE last line you wrote is vulgar to say the least and thus why I deleted it. Please follow the CoachT rules and watch your language and tone. - Del Tavian.}}

Edited by DelTavian

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If no radio makes a better gate, why not? The true football fan will go to the game. If not having a radio broadcast gets an extra 25 it is a good thing. Some persons will never be able to attend because of work, health, etc, but for the true fan the gate is the lively hood of their sport and I am sure they would sacrifice a live broadcast for a better field for the kids. I am a Grundy fan and go to every game. If for some unseen reason I could not make it to the game I would want to hear it live on the radio, but if the decision is made in the interest of attendance (gate Money) not to air these games I understand, wouldn't any real fan.

After reading some of these posts it is easy to see the difference between a true fan and a wanna be.

Del, it was very appropriate to notify other teams of the policy here.

Edited by DeeOne

I'm going to have to agree with those who believe that a live radio broadcast has very little if anything to do with the size of the gate. In fact, I believe that live radio broadcasts actually increase the size of the gate. It's all about promotion. Grundy's policy is severely outdated and research has proven that the more you put a product out there, if its a good product, the more people will buy it.

Look at Tullahoma as an example. There are two stations that broadcast every home and away game. Yet each week hundreds of folks follow the Wildcats wherever they play. During home games that place is always packed. When Franklin County visits there are four stations broadcasting the games. Yet there are still 6000 fans.

You see if teams are competitive they will draw the fans regardless of the broadcast.

Well, na na na na boo boo. I don't like your team either. ;)

Del (On his trusty new laptop he got from robjim. Local computer guru says I got a steal. Thanks!)

Gotta keep the boys in the pressboxes happy! ;)

What about the Queen??? We want to keep her happy too. I think she needs a laptop. The pressbox guys just watch the game. The Queen watches everything!!

Fan(who really wants to go to the next jive...and I want someone else to make sure it happens :blink: )

Del (On his trusty new laptop he got from robjim. Local computer guru says I got a steal. Thanks!)

What about the Queen??? We want to keep her happy too. I think she needs a laptop. The pressbox guys just watch the game. The Queen watches everything!!

Fan(who really wants to go to the next jive...and I want someone else to make sure it happens :blink: )

Yeah, and I need a lap dance, too!! Only us high-tech-red-necks can appreciate and operate these complicated pieces of equipment. Didn't you read the sign outside the pressbox, NO GIRLS ALLOWED. It's our club and we don't want no distractions, or for that matter, curtains, throw pillows or rugs. Heck, if we had girls up there, we would probably have to clean up the place. ;)

Yeah, and I need a lap dance, too!! Only us high-tech-red-necks can appreciate and operate these complicated pieces of equipment. Didn't you read the sign outside the pressbox, NO GIRLS ALLOWED. It's our club and we don't want no distractions, or for that matter, curtains, throw pillows or rugs. Heck, if we had girls up there, we would probably have to clean up the place. ;)

OOOOOOOO....I wouldnt want to be you now....the Queen has a mean stinger!!!!

Fan(dont shoot the messenger Queenie)