Bolles School

boyfromsi

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ego, I'm sure there are plenty of players at private schools that get free education and transportation as well. The schools voted and the public schools stuck together reguardless of the classification, so get over it! I'm sure it will never happen since Ronny Carter is also a private school supporter but the vote shows us what the majority wants. Who cares who is scared of who or who beats who or who won't play who. The 4A's and 5A's voted for the 1A's , 2A's and 3A's. :D

Edited by sowhat

sowhat,

What gives you the idea that Coach Carter is a private school supporter? He coached and was a teacher at John Overton High School before taking a job with the TSSAA. While I do not agree with some of the decisions that the TSSAA makes I do feel that Coach Carter is doing his best to keep the TSSAA out of court and financially solvent. Keep in mind that the board of control are all public school officials and they have the authority to hire or fire Coach Carter at any time. This same board must approve all decisions!!!!! If you have a problem you may want to contact someone on the board of control.

Florida schools are huge by comparison to Tennessee ones. Looking at the football numbers, not one Tennessee school would be 6A (heck, Oakland--our largest--wouldn't even make 6A in the basketball setup, with its lower cutoff). Only seven would be 5A (McGavock makes the cutoff by 21, Cordova misses by 16). Soddy-Daisy would only reach 5A by seven students--Kirby would be 4A. Maryville would be a 2A school by Florida standards!