Updating Games Realtime

DelTavian

Thanks to my trusty new laptop from robjim I plan to give scoring updates during the games at Grundy. I'll have it plugged in in the pressbox and post score updates each quarter at least.

I'm hoping lots of folks will do this so I can report scores of other games over the PA.

Anybody thinking of doing this?

Del.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure we will have many fans updating scores but most fans that are on here are also at the games. There has to be a unique way to accomplish this but I haven't come up with it yet. The one way to really do it would be to have fans call my voice mail throughout the game but the problem there is that I have to stay home from games in order to update those scores to the site.

I'm sure we will have many fans updating scores but most fans that are on here are also at the games. There has to be a unique way to accomplish this but I haven't come up with it yet. The one way to really do it would be to have fans call my voice mail throughout the game but the problem there is that I have to stay home from games in order to update those scores to the site.

CoachT,

I know, you and I will get our wives to enter the scores since they love the game so much.? :):)

What have I got to do to get you to come to one of Grundy's Thursday games in 0 week or week 1?

Del.

Thanks to my trusty new laptop from robjim I plan to give scoring updates during the games at Grundy. I'll have it plugged in in the pressbox and post score updates each quarter at least.

I'm hoping lots of folks will do this so I can report scores of other games over the PA.

Anybody thinking of doing this?

Del.

Make sure this doesn't upset your coach by keeping the gate down.

Would it be possible for people to call in on their cell phone with updates, and some how convert that to computer signal and then let the fans click a link and like streaming audio have a continuous update stream running, like an answering machine and run the updates continuously and putting the newest updates on top? And maybe have a touchtone system where you give a specific number on your key pad on your phone for a game and punch that number in and give continuous updates for that game and then stream the voices? Maybe even have specific games clickable and when you click, you get the latest update for that ghame.

Have I confused enough people? lol

CoachT, if you understand what I just said, what do you think?