Scrimmages- Rutledge, Union CO., Halls

flip96

f;ip96,

My beloved Red Devils will not scrimmage this Friday (today). I will be the first to admit it makes me very disappointed. I did not make the scrimmage at D-B this past Tuesday, but after reading some of the post on another thread, I called a few friends and they told me Halls actually looked better. Here is the recap - D-B scores 3 times on Halls #1 defense. Halls scores ! time on D-b #1 defense. Halls scores on int return (middle LB, must have played better than vs. Gibbs). D-b #2's did not score, Halls 2nd off. scored 1 time and their defense scored 1 time.

Halls wil scrimmage JeffCo next Tuesday at 6, and Webb next Friday at 630.

Maybe this young team just had a bad day vs. Gibbs, maybe they got better, maybe D-b is not very good. Don't know which is the case. Sounds like the Halls defensive players should be playing offense, if they returned 2 int's for TD's.

The young Devils open the regular season at fairygut on Sat, Aug 23. Flip, if you find qbsdad at our scrimmages next week, bring him up in the bleachers, dying to meet him.

I didn't get to go, but Rutledge was at Morristown East on Friday...before they even started, senior lineman Chris Masson tore his ACL and possibly his MCL during warmups...that's just a tough break.

East was a lot different team than they've looked in the past couple of years under Frazier according to my friend at the Tribune who went to the scrimmage...East scored 4 times to Rutledge's 1.