David Wolke

Guest region4fan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will happen at that time is he (or his council) will enter a plea(guilty, not guilty). And then they will go from there. This will not be over before the end of the football season. So what punishment (if any) he receives from his coaches will happen way before any kind of ruling is made by the state. So if his coaches have decided that he is innocent until proven guilty (which he is) then they may not do anything to him, claiming they wanted to wait for a decision before assessing a punishment.

But, who knows.

I disaggree that this is not serious. The kid was treated for a concussion. Players in the NFL have to sit out a game (or more) for a concussion. If a physical contact of any nature (fight, punch, shove, slap, etc) results in a concussion then the intent had to be malicisious, and it had to have some force behind it. I had a dinner bell fall on my head when I was a child, and it did not result in a concussion. So I'm sorry, in this case I'm going to jump the gun a little bit. Medical attention was needed. When the kid woke up that morning no medical attention was needed, but after visiting this neighborhood, he did need it. Someone is to blame. There is no such thing as an accident...period. It is a fact of science...cause and affect. The result was: a concussion that required medical attention and resulted in (apparent) memory loss. The cause: some sort of physical contact, supposedly by the SHS QB. The fact that this was between teammates (once a teammate, always a teammate as far as I'm concerned) says a lot for the individuals involved and the soundness of the team as a whole. I revert back to cause and affect. Fights aren't "just part of being a kid", they are the result of the environment in which the child is raised. And that includes coaching. I refuse to believe that a QB of this caliber, one who rutuinely makes very quick decisions on the feild, was incapable of processing the question, "is hitting this guy a good idea or not", in the heat of the moment. If he is going to be successful at the next level he is going to have to make those decisions over and over again. No one can be expected to make the right decision every time. But when it comes down to a fundamental such as this, there is no excuse.

this is true

Well i read the article I believe last Tues, or Wed, Ohh well that is not important to my little story i have hear. Anyways i help coach the Single C youth football program in Smyrna. We had a game last Sat and during our warm-ups i just so happened to look around and who did i see? Brandon James. He looked fine to me, he was walking with some girl then they met up with Jeremy Ratliff (kicker for SHS). And thats all i got to say about that. :wacko:

If the guy had to go to the hospital, apparently something was wrong with him. If that something was a concussion caused by Smyrna QB Wolke, then he should be charged and tried. Forget who he is and go with what is right.

On this matter, I have to agree with BulldogMom and Just1np.

-JohnC

Guest region4fan

Shady....you may have seen Brandon James out recently.BUT... Remember that the paper did not mention when this incident occurred, only that he was charged.It could have happened weeks ago and the parent just decided to file charges last week.Or the papers may have just gotten a hold of the information late. Normally a player is back w/i a week after a concussion. No one said he was at death's door.So it would not be unusual to see him WALKING after a week.

C'mon Shady, you're usually a lot sharper than that!!

Guest magicballer2003

hey david goes to my school... but lets talk about another david.... another david shannon... hes a bad boy.... hes awesome at football...talked with him yesterday.. he said he was gonna play for ole miss or georgia probably.... is this true

Well seeing as how most ppl dont know the whole story (much like myself) and we all know how teenagers are, Im pretty sure that he would catch alot of crap from ppl saying how he was beat up and this in turn could cause another fight.

Honestly i dont know im just trying to talk my way through this. :D