Division II: Class AAA Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I'm looking forward to seeing the result of the ECS-CBHS game. I'm picking CBHS, but I think this may be a close one. However, I think CBHS's size, and an extremely tough schedule played to date, will give them a leg up in this one.

Well, CBHS did win, but it wasn't "a close one." The Purple Wave won 24-0, and totally dominated ECS. CBHS's starting defense only gave up 64 yards of total offense, but CBHS put all their back-ups in at the start of the 4th quarter so ECS gained about 65 more yards of total offense before the game was over. The only bad thing, however, is that CBHS's star RB, Henry Harris, suffered a badly torn PCL, and will be out for the rest of the year, and into some of next year before he can play again. This is a huge blow for the team, but they still beat Melrose without Harris playing much since he didn't even get a rush attempt until the 2nd game of the season. It wasn't until the 5th game of the year until Harris got his first start, but he still had plenty of playing time in the previous 3 games. He gave CBHS another dimension to their offense that was in need of speed, but Jeremy Finney(backup RB) played very well against ECS, and showed bursts of speed(he had TD runs of 17 and 25 yards).

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBHS knows all to well about talking smack on these boards. Everyone does it to us in the newspapers and it only gives your team stuff to feed on. Im not even going to acknowledge WesVols because he is an idiot. The MBA/CBHS game will be a fine one. I expect a close, low-scoring game because of the dominance of the two teams' defenses.

CBHS knows all to well about talking smack on these boards. Everyone does it to us in the newspapers and it only gives your team stuff to feed on. Im not even going to acknowledge WesVols because he is an idiot. The MBA/CBHS game will be a fine one. I expect a close, low-scoring game because of the dominance of the two teams' defenses.

Thanks for the compliment. We'll compare your picks against mine at the end of the year and see if I'm still an idiot. :P

Have a great day!

Yes, we will see about that when MBA plays Christian Brothers. We'll see a blowout in favor of the Big Red. Just wait.

I would respectfully disagree, Wes. I think this game will be very close, with MBA winning maybe 17-13 or something like that. CBHS could pull it out...it would not surprise me. They are really good, especially on defense. They will put pressure on Fisher, and that will be new for him. It's true that BA had a bunch of turnovers against CB, but CB has shown an ability to force them all season. I'd pay to see this one...but I have to drive to Memphis enough as it is.

I hope you're right that it'll be close, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is; still, Rutledge's offensive strategy is such that opposing defenses often have to be very quick to catch up, and Christian Brothers' defense is one of strength and force, not necessarily blazing speed. Maybe it won't be a blowout, but I do see the Big Red taking this one, and I don't think it'll be the closest game either team will play/has played this year.

Neither team should be able to run the ball. The

difference in the game will be MBA's O-line's

ability to provide pass protection. With CBHS two

great linemen that will be a challenge. However,

if Fisher catches fire, he could pick apart the secondary.

Much like he did against BA in last years Clinic Bowl.

I hope you're right that it'll be close, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is; still, Rutledge's offensive strategy is such that opposing defenses often have to be very quick to catch up, and Christian Brothers' defense is one of strength and force, not necessarily blazing speed. Maybe it won't be a blowout, but I do see the Big Red taking this one, and I don't think it'll be the closest game either team will play/has played this year.

Mills is very quick for a guy his size. Also a great nose for the ball. I agree that Rutledge is a very smart Coach (anyone who sends their kids to BA is clearly intelligent!) and will have a great game plan. Should be the game of the year so far.

BTW, did you see Bumbi finished second in the Great American Saturday??!! He is unbelievable!

Anybody know why some of the DII-AAA matchups don't rotate home/away every year? For example, MBA hosts MUS and McCallie again this year after having hosted both last year, but MBA also travels to BA and CBHS this year as they did last year.

This quirk, plus the quirk where some DII-AAA games are considered region games and other DI-AAA games are not, has me baffled.

• 3 weeks later...

father ryan will win it all in the super 7, thats understood, so why keep arguing. oh and wesvols, while on the subject of bumbi, ask him who his toughest competitor was in middle school... i believe it was david varn, who beat him a few times back in the day before he became a sprinter his 9th grade year and then quit track all together because of soccer. I am glad you are doing well at UT and we miss you tremendously at the academy, the place is just not the same without wes, i hope things continue to keep blossoming and that you succeed in what lies ahead. Wes you are a great person keep up the good work!!!!