Brentwood Academy vs. Centennial

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Rebel,

Centennial will NOT ONLY lose to BA, they will also lose to BGA the following week. Consecutive losses...in keeping with the Centennial tradition.

I hope BA beats them senseless. I know BGA will.

And Rebel, bring on Franklin.

Oh so misguided. Perhaps BA will kill Centennial, perhaps. But BGA will NOT! If my Rebels weren't play their first game of the season in the newly named Howard Gamble Stadium, I would be over at Centennial watching the Wildcats get beat. It will happen, it will.

Just as Franklin would beat BGA... And also, I'll believe you see that Centennial's "tradition" of losing is over. But that's not what this topic is about. Why do you always attempt to change the subject?

Let me offer up my first score prediction of the season: CHS 21 BA 20

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy, but I had to do it! I can't pick against my team.

I know the biggest issue will be the depth factor. The Eagles have more talent at each position than the Cougars and will have fewer guys going both ways. I think Centennial's defensive line will be the key for them as they will have to fend off a brutish offensive line to get to David Holbert. If they can keep a steady rotation and keep guys fresh and giving a nonstop effort, then that is their best scenario. Offensively, they'll have to break a few big plays to get points and feild position I think. Lining up and pounding it down BA's throat is not a realistic goal, but to play mistake free and make the best of your opportunities, is. They'll need the youngster Curtis Steele to use his speed a time or two to get a good gain and hopefully they'll get some positive yards from Phillip Bates and the rest. Also, if Brandon Meegs can get his hands on the ball a few times, that will help loosen up the front 7 of BA.

Actually, BA historically plays a lot of guys both ways. Certainly at least two of the down linemen, Two D-Backs, and both D-ends. They do have the depth to sub out a lot, but the starters will be 6 or 7 going two ways.

Actually, I think that is one mistake that the BA coaching staff makes. They are not fresh in the fourth quarter, and not at the end of the year either. Coach Flatt still coaches as if he has only 15 quality players, instead of 25. It can work, but it's a gamble. Hey, he's won a lot more games than I have, so who am I to say?

BTW, the Eagles will win the game by at least two scores. FHS, would you really pick Centennial if it wasn't a "free pick"?

My pick is BA winning BIG...31-7

Wildcat - How can you even still be telling Franklin to bring it on, BGA absolutely got taken to school when scrimmaged earlier this summer, TWICE...BGA had 1 or 2 TD's (each scrimmage) to Franklin's 9 or more (speaking of 1st stringers)...

I agree with Rebel, I don't know who is going to win the BGA vs Centennial game...but it won't be a blow out - I think Ryan Carl will have a big game - but then again all Centennial has to do is stop him, and it's over...

I'm picking Centennial basically because when we're not playing them, I feel obliged to pull for them. On paper, I know, it seems my pick is wrong, but sometimes you just have to go against paper. Glad to see me and boneal are still the only two that have picked them. Won't we look smart if the upset happens?

Howard Gamble Stadium is named after lontime Franklin coach Howard Gamble... even after retiring around ten years ago, he's still on the staff working with the kickers. There was a great story in the Williamson A.M. about the naming of the stadium a couple weeks ago. It certainly is an honor that Granddaddy deserved!

Edited by FHSrebel27

To FBALL14,

Just bc franklin might have beaten bga in a PASSING scrimmage doesnt

mean a thing. The game is played on the line so you can't just make a judgement on a passing game.

No might have to it, we did.

But hey, this is BA/Centennial... not BGA/anyone so let's try to keep it that way guys! :D The mods are on the lookout, I promise ya that.

Give Centennial credit for not dodging anyone. But I don't think it was smart to play against BA. Centennial has too much to lose in this game.

The key is the attitude the Cougar coaching staff takes toward this game. If they pump the team up to win, Centennial may have a chance. If they treat it as a scrimmage, a game that doesn't count, the team may lose big.

On the other hand, BA may overlook this game. Perhaps Centennial will want to prove something in this game.

Everyone underestimated Centennial last year. Look at the Centennial - Brentwood score.

If Centennial gets up for the game, they could win.

Call me crazy, but I had to do it! I can't pick against my team.

I know the biggest issue will be the depth factor. The Eagles have more talent at each position than the Cougars and will have fewer guys going both ways. I think Centennial's defensive line will be the key for them as they will have to fend off a brutish offensive line to get to David Holbert. If they can keep a steady rotation and keep guys fresh and giving a nonstop effort, then that is their best scenario. Offensively, they'll have to break a few big plays to get points and feild position I think. Lining up and pounding it down BA's throat is not a realistic goal, but to play mistake free and make the best of your opportunities, is. They'll need the youngster Curtis Steele to use his speed a time or two to get a good gain and hopefully they'll get some positive yards from Phillip Bates and the rest. Also, if Brandon Meegs can get his hands on the ball a few times, that will help loosen up the front 7 of BA.

boneal52, don't be surprised if Centennial's running game does a little better than expected! My boys at Blackman ran the ball inside the tackles on the Eagles very well against their first team! We're a ways from being at their level but hey we don't offer the "education"(lol) they do either or pay our Coaches a mint either! I will say that our school ranks as one of the highest in the public education ranks though! We have some really good teachers at Blackman! Just my opinion. We also handled their inside game fairly well also when they went on offense! I think where you'll have problems will be when they throw the ball! Great QB and recievers! And they have very big athletic and speedy linemen and LB's! I say good luck to you guys and just play hard and agressive and it won't be as bad as you guys think!!!! :D

Edited by slim589