Franklin vs Lincoln County

FHSrebel27

QUOTE (jabbo @ Aug 17 - 09:14 AM)

Dream on BigDogDaddy-

42-14 in the Pit??????? I don't think so. The game will be close, but the Falcons will have more points on the scoreboard when the fat lady sings.

To which you replied "Friday at 10:00pm I want you to remember two words....Speed Kills"

Tell you what, BigTalkingBigDogDaddy...you preach to your team how y'all are gonna come to the Pit and go through us like a hot knife through butter...you tell them how it ain't even gonna be a contest...you tell them that you're gonna win 42-14...you tell them "speed kills'".

You do that. Really...I want you to.

Please.

I know my prediction probably offended you but it was based upon statistics. Last year you were 3-7, and if you don't mind me saying so ( I could do the stats but why bother), in a weaker region. You scored an average of 19 points per game last season. Franklin on the other hand was 11-2 against a harder region and we averaged roughly 40 points a game. Now I know last year was last year but.... I have to base my opinion on something like .... stats!

Oh and 7-6 and the last second fumble thing .... both were a fluke. We had our worst game you all obviously had your best.

Keep it coming...don't give up too easily

Edited by BigDogDaddy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know... they did play a tough non-region schedule last year. Blackman, Oakland and Riverdale. Recall that they did in fact BEAT Riverdale the first time around. They also took Oakland into OT. Blackman thrashed them, but it was only the second game of the season.

Edmitson is the real deal... but is there anyone else besides him? I see the top returning WR only had 321 yards and one TD. You've got your good defensive linemen, but what else?

I don't know... they did play a tough non-region schedule last year. Blackman, Oakland and Riverdale. Recall that they did in fact BEAT Riverdale the first time around. They also took Oakland into OT. Blackman thrashed them, but it was only the second game of the season.

Edmitson is the real deal... but is there anyone else besides him? I see the top returning WR only had 321 yards and one TD. You've got your good defensive linemen, but what else?

now i am ready to comment lincoln county will not loose to franklin friday night

lc is a very physical team on both sides and louis thompson will not get out coached

franklin may have speed but that speed has to get out of the back field remember this statement and take it to heart.....

i think lc will be much to strong up front for the rebels..

falcons 35

rebels 17

enough

this is the pit action respect it....

see ya friday night..................in the pit

In my opinion Lincoln County had far from their best game of the year last year vs. Franklin. The TB #28 is a player to watch for. I think LC will be surprising everyone this year, and I think there will be more believers after Friday night. I can't wait for this game I will be making the trip thats for sure.

now i am ready to comment lincoln county will not loose to franklin friday night

lc is a very physical team on both sides and louis thompson will not get out coached

franklin may have speed but that speed has to get out of the back field remember this statement and take it to heart.....

i think lc will be much to strong up front for the rebels..

falcons 35

rebels 17

enough

this is the pit action respect it....

see ya friday night..................in the pit

Now hold up just a second. My fellow Franklin fans can't pick the game to be 42-14 in favor of the Rebs but you can pick it 35-17 in favor of Linoln County? Get a clue man, this will be a close battle. It will not be a landslide either way. Also, while we have a great RB, our speed is really evident in our receivers who don't have to get out of the backfield. As long as Solima can get it to them (and he can) they'll do great things. Look for a high amount of yards after the catch from Murray, Nichols, Bell, etc etc. I don't htink you'll be able to get enough pressure on the QB to prevent a couple big plays from our WRs.

And yes, Coach Thompson might very well get outcoached. Tim Johnson is quite a smart coach and he's great assistants surrounding him. Not everyone is lucky enough to have a successful former head coach as your offensive coordinator. Johnson and Danny Nowell as head coaches have the two best years in Franklin football. They know what they're doing.

Having probably been the only person on this post to actually beat LC at the Pit I can tell ya'll that it will be a battle no matter what. If either team can get up early it will be harder for the opponent to come back. Two years ago we came out quick on Lincoln Co. and they just couldn't quite catch up. Last year was an interesting matchup, and I will agree with BigDog that it was Franklin's worst game of the year. Not to take anything away from LC, but I do think that if Franklin had played them later in the year it wouldn't have been quite as close. Such is life though, and it was a good game.

To all you Franklin players that get on here, sorry I can't be there to watch it, but i'll be there in spirit. Keep up the tradition we started last year and bring back that hardware from M'boro.

Hopefully Franklin can keep the tradition going, but I actually think that tradition began the year before last. Franklin qualified for the playoff's only to be embarrassed by hendersonville in Round 1 of the playoffs. I really believe that is where the attitude changed for Rebel Football. Never wanting to get embarrased again, not being satisfied with 1 round in the playoffs, and now to build on not being satisified losing in the Quarterfinals. The hunger grows within the Rebels and the Rebel faithful.

Franktown - It's and Attitude!

Just remember, the less you say the less you have to take back!

I've never been a fan of anybody that brags about what they are going to do, just do it first, then brag about it.

We can sit here all night and make predictions and it doesn't mean anything.

We'll let the players settle it on the field Friday night, then someone on one side will have to eat a big bowl of crow, because there have been some bold predictions made here. I don't think that anyone on this post with the exception of one person and you know who you are, will be on the field Friday night. I will, but not playing, just getting starters for both teams and talking to the coaches.

Edited by Falconstatman

Okay I'll quit bragging you're right...but ya'll have to get off this thing about "The Pit" Now don't get me wrong it's a nice facility, one of the finest in all of Middle Tennessee, but fellas its dirt and grass and an asphalt track and some concrete stands. Ya'll act like the "curse of the mummy" and the "Vodoo Dr." hang out there!

Home town advantage is a great thing, and you all turn out a nice crowd, but they can watch their team get whipped up on just like people in any other part of the state can. :ph34r:

Just remember, the less you say the less you have to take back!

I've never been a fan of anybody that brags about what they are going to do, just do it first, then brag about it.

We can sit here all night and make predictions and it doesn't mean anything.

We'll let the players settle it on the field Friday night, then someone on one side will have to eat a big bowl of crow, because there have been some bold predictions made here. I don't think that anyone on this post with the exception of one person and you know who you are, will be on the field Friday night. I will, but not playing, just getting starters for both teams and talking to the coaches.

I personally would just like to discuss the game. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I also feel that if you take this stuff on here too seriously... well, just don't. I'm obsessed with Franklin and I'd love to see them win 60-0. But let's just talk the facts. I don't think anyone needs to exactly eat crow, just congratulate the other team and move on afterwards... that's just my belief.

Falcon fans, tell us all about your two preseason all-state linemen. Do y'all have other qualitly guys up front? Will they be able to get through the line and to Solima before he can get the ball to Murray or Nichols?