Franklin 14 Brentwood 0

FHSrebel27

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it's just a jamboscrimmage, there is no reason to play your first team players and get anyone hurt. Do you think Franklin wants to risk the QB tearing his knee up when Lincoln county is the real deal? Welch started for Brentwood because he needed the work (and more) having just come back from a hammie. That being said, virtually everyone dressed, but only reserves played. It seemed that the defensive players played their offensive positions and vice-versa in many cases. Same with Franklin, but their starters didn't even suit up. Many kids played who played the night before. Tip of the hat to the Rebels, they have some real speed players last night who made some plays. Well enough of this jibberish about the Jamboree-let's get it on with the real stuff coming up. What did you think about Ravenwood's new uni's? Their game with Fairview looked like a penalty festival.

What did you think about Ravenwood's new uni's?

Ravenwood's uni's... eww. That's all I have to say. And I agree that was a very sloppy, penalty-laden game. Anyone else see the end of the Page/Centennial game though? Now that was exciting.

Appologize for all the confusion earlier. I couldn't really tell who was playing for Brentwood and who wasn't. I didn't even know till this morning that Welch played... and I call myself a fan. Not even paying attention. Way to be me. I'll just keep my mouth shut next time :huh: .

Based on what i saw last night.

Franklin should be deep enough to sustain an injurie here and there. The units that played lst night for Franklin showed they can play. Brentwood on the other hand looked awfully rusty. Could be an issue if the Bruin face any injuries.

As far as Welch goes, he doesn't look like he's ready to guide the Bruins. Passes were horrible. The picks on FHS's part were basically underthrown balls, and balls off target.

Relative to Centennial and Page - how many starter did each play. I counted a few on the Cougar offense prior to leaving. Boneal - any insights?

Several for Centennial and several for Page. I mean, heck, Jared Elliot, QB, of Page played the whole time. Centennial didn't really have a choice but to keep some of their starters in there. Curtis Steele from CHS had that long run for a TD, he looks like he'll be good. Did you see that one faninthestand? Shame on you for leaving! :angry: It was a great finish. But again, the Page reaction was a little overdramatic. But that's ok. I guess the fans have to warm up a little in the preseason too.

Randall Burns is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST. Wow. That kid was smoking on that TD run.

Sixth or seventh fastest behind Nichols, Murray, Bell, Rucker, Christiansen, Solima ... But these guys are all under 4.6, so yeah he's fast!

Face it, Brentwood was dominated in every phase of the game. They were humiliated!

We should have run the score up in the last thirty seconds. Bell could have made an easy field goal or we could have run a hot pass for six more! Before you other teams get on me. I would only say this about Brentwood.

Bush should add Brentwood Football to the Axis of Evil along with Iraq, Iran and N. Korea. I hate em, everyone in Franklin hates em. I can't wait to humiliate them on their field this year on Comcast and dance a jig on the middle of their field.

Bush should add Brentwood Football to the Axis of Evil along with Iraq, Iran and N. Korea. I hate em, everyone in Franklin hates em. I can't wait to humiliate them on their field this year on Comcast and dance a jig on the middle of their field.

Axis of Evil? I didn't know "Team Brentwood" was sponsororing terrorism. Or are they being sponsored by terrorists themselves? Now it all makes sense! Ok, no, I'm joking. It's a joke. Don't worry Brentwood fans.

And the dancing a jig in the middle of their field... I'm going to hold you to that!

Axis of Evil? I didn't know "Team Brentwood" was sponsororing terrorism. Or are they being sponsored by terrorists themselves? Now it all makes sense! Ok, no, I'm joking. It's a joke. Don't worry Brentwood fans.

And the dancing a jig in the middle of their field... I'm going to hold you to that!

Terror? Terror? I didn't see any terror on the part of Brentwood friday night!

Terrified maybe! You tell Team Brentwood we're coming for em, and we're bringing heck with us

FHS27, need to school your buddy BigDogDaddy from your experience last year about getting too pumped up and thinking your almost invincible. He's right-Brentwood didn't look good and Franklin came out on top. I don't know about "humiliated" and "dominated in every phase of the game." Depends on where you were sitting I guess. Personally, I'll take this contest as showing some things that need to be improved and trust the coaching staff will make the adjustments. On both teams. Good luck against Lincoln County and hope no more injuries happen to either team.

Rebel27 was right about this jamboree nonsense in one of his first posts... it doesn't mean diddly... Franklin DID look pretty good with its backups, and Brentwood DID make some silly mistakes... But if you're a Franklin fan you have to wonder if this could give all Franklin fans and maybe even some of the kids a false sense of security... I'm sure TJ knows better and will downplay it a lot, because he didn't dress his starters and Welch was the only potential starter that the Bruins played...

Just to offer some other thoughts about the jamboree... Ravenwood's away uniforms are terrible, but they can move the ball if they get things together... Fairview's running back, Bobby Martin, was pretty impressive and the Jackets could be okay this year... Page is really the same old Page, getting more fired up about a silly scrimmage than they should... I mean the fact they came back to beat Centennial is great, but Centennial was playing second and third string players at the time... The Pats may be okay... I'm predicting 5-5 or 6-4 at best... Centennial plays very physical and should give the 6-5A teams some fits, EVEN Franklin...