Warren Co. vs. Livingston Academy

addictedtosports.com

Yes Warren county still plays down in the hole. It is a new and improved hole. I think that Warren co will win b/c of their backfield. With a senior QB and the best HB (Jevon Ramsey) and FB (Mikey Perkins) that we have had in30 years watch out for this team to come from no where.

pioneerfootballer: What are you talking about best backfield in 30 yrs?

Answer this Mikey Perkins was hurt after the 2nd game of last years freshman team. He looked fine on the sideline he could jump up and down and cheer with them, he could run down the sideline. He even played a down or two and came out. Mikey Perkins has no pride and I'd say after the first two games he will be eather benched or fake an injury. And another thing Jevon Ramsey runs a 4.9 40yrds that is a joke up in some football teams. Some of there linemen run that. Who the heck is Tyler Boyd. He is a capitian that is a joke. Tyler Boyd missed over 30 tackles and runs a 5.5 40yrd. I think the Pionners will have another rebuilding year like every year.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like same story, different year in WC. I think it would be false to assume that LA somehow has superior talent to a school the size of WC. Lack of technique and discipline are most likely at fault. This team is poorly coached. I don't think that point is debatable. I'm not suggesting that I think with a different coaching staff at WC would win the state, merely that a better coaching staff could manage to stay on the field with a 3A team. I said it last year, and I'll say it again this year. WC is condemned to the cellar until the admin is willing to put up the dollars and the package required to get a proven Head Coach and let him bring a good portion of his staff with him. Until then, don't expect anything to change.

Edited by KarlChilders

There may have been low points in Warren County's history, but this is the lowest of the lows. Next week will be a massacre...very ugly.

The players and students at Warren County deserve better. KarlChilders is right. Make a move forward, not a lateral or backward move Warren County. Get proactive and stop making the same mistakes.

Like I said same old song and dance. This will get worse before it gets better if it ever does. Remember it has been this way for over a decade. That is over 3500 days and nights and no solution is in sight. Coach Tidwell is probably an average high school coach, but I do not think he will turn this situation around. My suggestion is to go out and get a hometown coach who is familar with the situation. No one from the outside looking in knows how bad it is and know one from outside has a magical spell that can be casted on this program to turn it around. Give this program to a hometown boy who has roots here and is not looking for stepping stone job. Let him run the program for a decade if he wants and realize this will take small steps just to get it heading in right direction. Losing is just as contagious as winning is. Playing the blame game has not worked nor will it work in this situation. Everybody got the answers to solve this problem just like everyone has the perfect idea to make a million dollars, but very few make it and those who do usually work hard to earn it. Hard work pays off in the long run, but few remember it is a long run. This program didnt disappear overnight so chances are it is not coming back next week. Hometown coach, hard work starting from the top, and marathon not a sprint. T

Livingston Academy is a very strong Class 3A team. They could beat alot of Class 5A teams out there. Warren County has always been a perennial cellar dweller in Class 5A. The 42-7 loss can't come as much of a surprise.

Warren County has to be concerned because Region 3-5A is going to be alot tougher. Even Coffee County has toughened up with a new headcoach.

I hate to see the season start this way for this group, but it looks like it may be another long 3 months for this pioneer bunch. As for a couple of post back that ripped a couple of players my question to that young man is how many downs have you played. Mikey and Jevon are 2 quality young men who bust their butts trying to help their respected teams win. Truth is you will not win if you start 6 or 7 guys both ways in 5-A football. The pioneers do have better skill position people at least as talent goes as opposed to what they have had in recent years. Their line play still leaves alot to be desired and the number on the sidelines are not what they need to be to become competitive. My question is for the pioneer to become competitive do the other 3 sports (basketball, baseball, and soccer) have to suffer in the win column. Look at the rosters for these sports. Young men that could help this team be better are just not playing football. The Warren Co. program has to athlete share and in my opinion for football to be successful football would have to take priority over the other programs at that school. Give some more opinions.

Lessismore are you saying that the soccer team is in the same boat with the football team? Out of the past 5 years they have won 3 District Championships, 3 Regions, and made a Final Four appearance. That is a far cry from the 0-10 football team. I also hate to see them start out like this again this year. I always hated haveing all the hype and then lose the first game. Who scored the lone TD for the Pioneers anyway? What kind of tema does Chatt. Central have. I know they blew away Notre Dame but does that mean anything?

Edited by Collosus

The Paz kid hit Heath Crisp for a 67 yard touchdown. Paz finished 2-2 for 70 yds and 1 TD. That's what happens when you throw the football a little more than 5 times in a game- final stats 2-5 for 70 yds. Senior Bratcher 0-3,Freshman Paz 2-2. Why rush 34 attempts for 91yds and only pass 5 times?! This team is not built for power football, why not use some of the speed that they have and run a spread offense??? And please, Iknow it was 42-0 when Paz came, BUT he did complete the passes. I don't care if it was the first, second or third string defense. Warren Co. cannot play smashmouth football, period. Break-out the playbook and throw a little more, it doesn't hurt to try. You never know, we might just win a game. Finally, when it comes to all the athletes in the school the word "PRIDE" is nowhere to be found. These kids do not have the "PRIDE" OR "LOYALTY" for sports like in the past.It used to be about representing the school, now egos and me-first attitudes plague the fields. It is very time consuming to play sports, but it was nothing for guys or girls to play 2 to 3 sports in high school and maintain good grades, and that was not too long ago. I dare kids to go and play sports in high school, I mean what's to gain if you're the best ballplayer at the civic center or in flag football. BIG WHOOP!!!! I hope the Pioneers can be a winner someday, but probably not too soon. I feel for the players and coaches. Good Luck.

Collosus let me make the simple. My Question was do the other 3 sports have to move in reverse direction for the football team to move forward. The other have enjoyed some success in the past decade while the football group has struggled. Does this mean that football needs to get the athletes from other sports to play which will in turn hurt their winning percentage. The athletes playing these other 3 sports could help this football situation. Think about who plays the other sports and you can see there is help in the hallways.

Collosus let me make the simple. My Question was do the other 3 sports have to move in reverse direction for the football team to move forward. The other have enjoyed some success in the past decade while the football group has struggled. Does this mean that football needs to get the athletes from other sports to play which will in turn hurt their winning percentage. The athletes playing these other 3 sports could help this football situation. Think about who plays the other sports and you can see there is help in the hallways.

My gosh...you are a 5a school. There should be plenty of athletes to go around.

Great game LA!!! I am thinking of the state that Warren County football is in. What frame of mind are we in? Are we just there or are we trying to go in a upward/forward direction? This is some of the stuff I hear about. We had a good night friday/saturday night - no injuries and we made a good gate($).

Are we there to help win and help those boys or do just show for the social call. Then watch the band and go home. Pioneerfootballer the drugs you are taking must be some heavy drugs. Best backfield in 30 years? The Perkins kid walks and talks and even looks like a football player but I think he is missing one thing and it is the most important thing. He plays with no heart. His brothers played with it but I have not seen out of him yet. If he reads this use it as a challenge to find your heart. What is real bad is that you would have thought we had won the state championship Saturday night. The band plays and people going crazy but all we did was score. We scored on their water boy because they had already taken out everybody. Chattanooga Central purple pounders, they came off a big win Friday night against notre dame 35-0. They have their heads in the air and looking at Cleveland. Get it together guys because it is a good time for a upset.