Blackman vs. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

I don't think Blackman can be underestimated. It seems like the Murfreesboro schools are doing something right.

I think Lincoln County will win, but it will not be these 42-14 scores that I'm seeing here. That right there is unrealistic when you are going up against a Murfreesboro school. I say the Falcons will win 28-17.

I've seen some good things out of Region 3-5A last night. Lincoln County defeating Franklin was huge and so was Cumberland County's victory over McMinn County. Franklin County almost beat Father Ryan. The only ugly showing was Warren County--a 42-7 loser at home to Livingston Academy. Cookeville and Coffee County didn't play.

The Class 3-5A schools (with the exception of Warren Co.) have looked really good in the preseason--and that includes Coffee County who defeated Soddy Daisy, Red Bank, Lawrence County, and Dalton (GA) in the preseason. The only ugly performance for the Red Raiders was the Thursday scrimmage versus Riverdale.

While these are just scrimmages, I know that the way the games were set up, they were all evenly matched. In each contest Coffee County's 1st string went up against the opponent's 1st string in two quarters and then Coffee County's reserves went up against the opponensts reserves in the final two quarters. So it wasn't like Coffee County's starters played the whole game against Red Bank or Soddy Daisy 4th strings. It was an even playing field. That's why I think the Red Raiders will surprise alot of people this year.

When I look at Region 3-5A I believe the Coffee County game against Lincoln County will be for the region title.

I believe the region will shape up like this.

1. Lincoln County

2. Coffee County

3. Cumberland County

4. Franklin County

5. Cookeville

6. Warren County

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lincoln Co. will not domminate BLACKMAN and thats a fact. All you people saying will get beat by like 30 points thats bull. ;) The only reason you guys say this is because yaw don't know much about the BLAZE, and you think well they lost Rico, Mulpin, and their starting qb; so their probably not gonna be that good. Well your wrong and the Blaze will prove that in 6 days when we go to the "PIT". Like Slim said all the pressure is on you guys. Yaw the ones who is suspossed to win the state championship this year not BLACKMAN. You the ones who are expected to show up and play good at yaws house. Blackman is suspossed to just show up. Well were gonna show up alright. :D;)

Predictions on Wendesday....................

Lincoln Co. will not domminate BLACKMAN and thats a fact. All you people saying will get beat by like 30 points thats bull. :angry: The only reason you guys say this is because yaw don't know much about the BLAZE, and you think well they lost Rico, Mulpin, and their starting qb; so their probably not gonna be that good. Well your wrong and the Blaze will prove that in 6 days when we go to the "PIT". Like Slim said all the pressure is on you guys. Yaw the ones who is suspossed to win the state championship this year not BLACKMAN. You the ones who are expected to show up and play good at yaws house. Blackman is suspossed to just show up. Well were gonna show up alright. :D:P

Well pressure is an opportunity, the mind game want work...

we respect blackman...there is not a worry with what u lost we care less...

we will show up and compete and play the game....see ya in the pit in 6

If Blackman stops the LC run... well, I'll send the Blackman D some cookies in the mail. With Gregory in there for the Falcons, you HAVE to stop him at the line. If he breaks free, he gets some yardage behind him in a big hurry. Sorry I've disapointed you Blaze fans, but I see LC winning this easily. Best of luck to both teams though.

Lincoln Co. will not domminate BLACKMAN and thats a fact. All you people saying will get beat by like 30 points thats bull. ;) The only reason you guys say this is because yaw don't know much about the BLAZE, and you think well they lost Rico, Mulpin, and their starting qb; so their probably not gonna be that good. Well your wrong and the Blaze will prove that in 6 days when we go to the "PIT". Like Slim said all the pressure is on you guys. Yaw the ones who is suspossed to win the state championship this year not BLACKMAN. You the ones who are expected to show up and play good at yaws house. Blackman is suspossed to just show up. Well were gonna show up alright. :D;)

COUNTYMANFB WINS THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION!!!!!!!!!!

Yep...thats right....thats what the headlines will say the day that blackman stops the LC run attack. you will not be able to stop lc u can only hope to contain them and maybe the score will not make yall look too bad. first you have to stop gregory. then once you stop him....if it happens....have fun stoppin edmiston...or should i say trying. as far as your offense.....we have a couple of twin towers..hosses....thouroughbreds....pure bred athletic machines....whom will be wearing numbers....72 & 74. man i feel for whoever disagrees with what those two have in mind. anyway...im sorry i got a lil carried away....nothin wrong with a lil trash talk every now and then. but seriously.....blackman will have to play a perfect game to have a shot. lc is loaded. they have good depth as well. good luck to both teams. see yall at the pit friday.

LINCOLN COUNTY-42

BLACKMAN-10

From what I understand, Lincoln County is big and strong. They should win some games, but before all this trash talk gets too far out of hand I'd suggest that the Falcon fans go read some of the trash talk and predictions put out by Trinity's fans before their game with MBA. Talk about eating crow this morning!!!! That was a terribly exciting game to watch last night. Good thing for Lincoln County that they don't play EITHER one of those teams.

The Falcons must eliminate the mentals mistakes and turnovers from last week before we can even think about winning this ballgame, period. We've played Blackman twice and lost both times, so until we do, they have my upmost respect and will NOT be taken lightly, at least by me. Have we forgotten who is coaching the Blaze? I remember watching him a few years ago, back in the 80's, one year in the playoffs when he was coaching Oakland. (sorry Blaze fans, but hear me out) The Pats were playing Oak Ridge at MTSU in the late rounds of the playoffs. Oakland had about 30 kids and Oak Ridge took 30 minutes bringing there usual squad of 100+ players onto the field. They stood shoulder to shoulder from end zone to end zone. BUT, when the game was over, Oakland had beaten them by about 2 or 3 touchdowns. So, to make a long story short, they'll be ready to play. I don't know too much about the score, I'll just be more than happy if the home side of the scoreboard has 1 more point on it than the visitor side does when the game is over. ;)

Guest region4fan

I know you didn't ask, but I thought I would answer anyway.....Oakland lost 17 varsity players to Siegel. That is why we have the smallest roster in team history.

Riverdale lost 1 player to Oakland, AJ Alexander. Although Watson tried to get CJ Powell eliglible at Siegel , it was not approved. The day after he was pictured in the Daily News Journal with Siegel's senior class, he was forced to enroll at his ZONED school,Oakland. In answer to your next question, NO..........he is NOT a member of Oakland's footbal team. So now we all know the answer to "where's CJ??""l

I cant wait. I know both teams will be ready. I dont know if not playing versus playing the week before will have any factor in the game, only time will tell.

It should be interesting in the stands as well, with 2 very proud sets of fans and students, it should make for an entertaining night. :angry: