Blackman vs. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

Blackman fans, please heed my warning. LINCOLN COUNTY IS TOUGH! T-O-U-G-H! shady04, I'm sorry, but I do know some football. I wouldn't worry so much about this game, if you lose, it's not the end of the season. LC has a game under their belts and thus all the first game mistakes. It will be very difficult to stop the Falcon ground game. Gregory is incredible! Watch out Blaze... I'm not pulling against you or anything, just telling you to watch out.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok guys....i would like to apologize for all my posts. i have been ignorant. i should not be talkin like that. i have uttermost respect for all the teams in tenn. becuz any team can win on any givin friday. im goin to stop all the trash talk and start talkin nice football talk. with that being said........

lincoln county is a big physical football team. they are fast for their size as well. they have an excellent groung campaign with gregory and edmiston.....and dont think edmiston cant drop back and let one fly either. he gets plenty of protection from his line...anchored by big horrocks #74, and divens #72. but lc probably wont have to throw that much to move the ball. defense is good too. have horrocks and divens and jean on the line. two good ends in stubblefield#25 and hockett#6. great linebackin core of kelso #29 and underwood#42. defensive back crew is tough as well with the bryson boys at the corners with great speed and agility, hartman#34 at free safety and lane jackson#87 at the strong safety spot.

all in all i think this is probably the best lc team since 93 state champ team.

falcons-42

blaze-10

Guest Oakland

thats a pretty big statement, i always considered the 98 lc team to be a real good one, just couldnt get over the hump against oakland and riverdale, and if it wasnt for rhs and ohs that year, i still feel lc would have had a state champ in 98, but anyways. and yes, this one of the best lincoln teams in recent memory and could bring the excitement and glory that the 93 did, but blackman will come ready to fight, david alsup is a master as far as preparation goes, and i see blackman keeping this game close for a while, but i just think lincoln co, and the pit will be just too much.

i do know about lincoln county football because i played it and when you have a team like this is it is hard not to get excited about a great team. i have been in linocoln county all my life and i have followed tenn high school football evey since i can remember. so to say i have know clue is and understatment . being a camper just lets you know i will be around for a while. i remember the great teams of 82,90,93.I played on the 93 team, and this year. could be the best of all the teams. but lincoln county has not missed the playoffs for a while. im not saying that Blake is not a good team because they are, we are just a little stronger in tradition. tradition will preveal on friday. my prediction stands at

Falcons-42

Blaze-14

The Falcon coaches and players are NOT going to take this game lightly, especially after the silly mistakes that were made last week. Blackman has given the Falcons a shellacking two years in a row now...in 2001 when the Blaze was the only team that gave that outstanding Riverdale team competition, and last year when the Blaze came out focussed and hungry and played like champions.

I believe the Falcons can win it as long as they hang on to the ball and don't stop playing until the referee blows the whistle, but I don't think the win will be by more than a touchdown.

first of all i havent read a post in here i believe to be from someone from lincoln county cutting down blackman,we are too classy for that and i mean that honestly,but just to finish we in lincoln county knwo everyone wants to beat our butts so everyone knows that we can and have been beat at anytime.lets just let the boys decide this outcome friday night. its way too early in year to know whats going to happen.

I'm going to say that Blackman wins. I don't think that the boys from the BIG LINCOLN COUNTY can hald it together after a big win. Let us travel back to last year, LC pulls off the upset against Riverdale only to loose to none other than Franklin County, a team they shoulda beat. Again last year, LC beats oakland only to loose to cookeville(i think it was). So there, I'm gonna say that Blackman will take the lead before halftime and keep it until the end while the LC team falls apart b/c they can't hold it together after a win. What a shame, a team with all that talent. They need to learn to hold it togther and show up and play every Friday nite instead of when they want b/c nuthin is given to them just b/c they're "LINCOLN COUNTY". I'm not awestruck yet. They're gonna have to show me more tahn they can win one game to make me a believer that they can play for state b/c they're not there yet. sorry LC, Keep tryin then maybe you'll get in. (hint: win more than one game in a row.)

Blackman - 28

Lincoln Co - 10

Edited by The Dude

Well at least its good to see that not everyone is counting the Blaze out of this game. I have been talking to some of the players this week, and they are stoked about going to the pit to play. If our offense can put together drives of 9+ plays and put some kind of points on the board, then i think Blackman has a real good shot of winning. Everyone is saying that Lincoln County has to much talent and Blackman doesnt have a shot of winning, well its not like those things havnt been said before.

Hey rebel, i didnt mean any disrespect to you. Most of us normal posters on this website have a mutual respect for one another. But do you really think that Lincoln County will win by 40+? ;)