MBA 17, Trinity 13

WesVLT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, if you'll allow me to sing for a moment...

HIT THE ROAD JACK! AND DON'T YOU COME BACK NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE! HIT THE ROAD JACK! AND DON'T YOU COME BACK NO MORE!

MBA! MBA! MBA! Heck, I'm not one that loves this school but I am super excited! HUGE HUGE HUGE win for Tennessee high school football! I didn't even get to see any of it and I'm still proud of the Big Red. I actually had a guy at the game let me listen to the crowd at the end of the game... how exciting. Way to go!!!

Trinity showed what Kentucky football is truly about...dinky out patterns and no defense. They have one of the top five QB prospects in the nation who has a heck of an arm (as was evident on one of their big plays in the first quarter when Brohm was rolling out right and threw one back across his body about fifty yards in the air to a receiver running a backside post), yet Trinity spent almost the entire game throwing out routes and screens. No wonder Brohm has so few interceptions... he throws no high risk passes. Unfortunately for him, this year he doesn't have speedy receivers to run for thirty plus yards on screen routes like he did last year (Tashaun McBroom). He's gonna have a rough go this year against any defense that has speed and won't give up many yards after the catch. MBA gave our neighbors to the north a little football schooling tonight and proved how strong Tennessee football truly is. If the Big Red could have only tackled when they blitzed, Brohm would have been sacked 8+ times and wouldn't have thrown for nearly as many yards. Roll Red Roll. USA Today Top 25 here we come...

MBA dominated both sides of the line AND their coaching philsophy provided great chances for a 20 to 30 point margin....Trinity was lucky to get out of the West End area alive....Go Father Ryan...congrats on your wins over MBA in baseball last year and the Lady Irish's defeat of Harpeth Hall in the Lacrosse state final (got to get props where we can Big Red and Honeybears).....Go Irish....and great job BIG RED....it hurts to say that...but it is very deserved!!!!!!

i think thats great, and shows that the national polls really cant put together a top 25 or 50 and be accurate, mba is an awesome team, and looks to be the best in tenn this year, i believe their are atleast 5 to 10 teams in tenn on their level though, which goes to show, tenn is underrated on a national high school football level. great win red!

Whether Brohm had a horrible game or not is debatable - I'm having a hard time being convinced that 400+ yards passing is a bad game. It may have been a bad game for him judging by the passing TDs to interception ratio (1:1), but let's give MBA some credit. Their DBs played as best as they could against such a good QB, and they absolutely whipped Trinity's offensive line with the pass rush.

If Brohm doesn't have a "horrible" game, maybe it's a different story. However, if we're going to play the woulda-coulda-shoulda game, MBA had two dropped TDs in the end zone (both should have been caught) and three missed FGs. MBA made what many thought was an underrated defense look average at best and had multiple scoring opportunities.

MBA deserved this one, without a doubt. Great victory against a fine team and an even better QB.

Way to go Big Red! Going into the game i was anxious to see Brohm. I was more in awe of his ability to scramble from tacklers (cause he did a lot of it tonight) than his ability to air it out. Wow that kid has been in the weightroom. BUt Fisher definitely stole the show tonight. He got good protection and found the open player. Way to go MBA and way to go TN football. I heard that the Trinity fans ripped down some of the MBA cheerleaders signs and even cursed them out referring to them as "hillbillies". Well it'll be an intersting atmousphere next year when MBA travels to Louisville. Roll Red Roll.