TN Football vs. KY Football

WarriorFan

The state of Kentucky said the same thing back in the early 90's when MBA beat Warren Central three consecutive years. The state of Mississippi said the same thing when Brentwood Academy went down to Pascagoula and beat Shane Matthews and Terrell Buckley. The state of Florida said the same thing when Bolles came up here in '99 to play MBA and went home a loser. The best team in TN in any given year would be just as good as the best team in Ohio in any given year.

I will remind you that trinty lost all of their offensive lineman from last year except for 1 and all of thier wide recievers. MBA only won 17 to 13 and you act like they are world beaters. If this game happesn last year its not close, but it didn't. Players leave and teams move on. That is part of Highschool football. The people from Brentwood Academy who saw Trinity play last year tell the truth. Do you think that this MBA team would have beat last years Trinity team. To say that Tennessee football is better than Kentucky football or vice versa is ridiculous. Both states are on about the same level. And whoever said that the Paducah Tilghman's early 90 team was the only legit ranked ky team never saw Highlands play in 98, 99, 00. They had 8 all americans in that span including Gino, Jared, Derick Smith, Rob smith, Brent Grover. Any one of those teams would have Blown out trinity and the 99 team did.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although MBA did play well, they were far from flawless. Field Goals blocked, punt snaps too high and penalties led to a game that should have been a blow out but wasnt. No one is saying that they are the #1 team in the nation they are just saying that this was a game between the best of TN and the best of KY and that TN football at its best was displayed last night.

Who's to say which team is the best in the history of Kentucky football. However when I was a freshman and sophmore in HS we beat Tillman twice. They were a good team but BA's teams my freshman and sophmore years were nothing like the teams of my junior and senior years. My sophmore year we lost to a pretty good Robert E. Lee team out of Montgomery Alabama.

Year in and year out the state of Tennessee doesn't produce near as many top athletes as other states, but I think our teams are just as good or better than those in most states. Obviously California, Texas, Florida, Georgia, Ohio and even Penn are at the top of any list for athletes and teams.

Who's to say which team is the best in the history of Kentucky football. However when I was a freshman and sophmore in HS we beat Tillman twice. They were a good team but BA's teams my freshman and sophmore years were nothing like the teams of my junior and senior years. My sophmore year we lost to a pretty good Robert E. Lee team out of Montgomery Alabama.

Year in and year out the state of Tennessee doesn't produce near as many top athletes as other states, but I think our teams are just as good or better than those in most states. Obviously California, Texas, Florida, Georgia, Ohio and even Penn are at the top of any list for athletes and teams.

I saw the 1st meeting between BA and Tilghman, which Tilghman won 7-0.

Tilghman also beat BA and Oak Ridge (both on the road in the same year). That year BA and Oak Ridge both won state championships. Tilghman didn't win Ky. class AAA that year. I do think our states are very close in talent (year in and year out). Ky. has some very good teams as does Tn. It is fun to see them play each other.

M'ville rebel...

I spent 8 years in the Bluegrass. I know many coaches from all over the state. Most will state that about all small classification school boys, especially in the mountains of the east have hoop dreams. Beside the traditional Louisville powers, only Northern Ky schools really push football. Not saying that your right or wrong, I feel it depends on what a school has in a particular year that makes its interest, or push, in football large or small. But every year in basketball every school believes they can make it to Rupp for the Sweet 16. Just my opinion from an EKU grad of '93

M'ville rebel...

I spent 8 years in the Bluegrass. I know many coaches from all over the state. Most will state that about all small classification school boys, especially in the mountains of the east have hoop dreams. Beside the traditional Louisville powers, only Northern Ky schools really push football. Not saying that your right or wrong, I feel it depends on what a school has in a particular year that makes its interest, or push, in football large or small. But every year in basketball every school believes they can make it to Rupp for the Sweet 16. Just my opinion from an EKU grad of '93

Western Ky. has very good football. Tilghman and Mayfield are teams I have seen. They are both very good.

I have a pretty good perspective about this. I have covered football in both states now for a number of years.

Kentucky has its pockets of football strength but as a whole I would say TN football is stronger because football is the dominant sport in this state.

You don't grow up in Kentucky dreaming of wearing the U-K blue and white at Commonwealth Stadium... you dream of lacing up the hightops and taking the floor at Rupp Arena.

I don't have children but it's safe to say that there are more posters of Peyton Manning and Casey Clausen on the walls of bedrooms than there are posters of Ron Slay and Vincent Yarbrough. My bedroom growing up in Elkton, Kentucky (just north of Clarksville, TN) had U-K basketball posters all over the wall but not a single reference to the football team (but can you blame me?).

In Kentucky football is something to occupy the time until basketball's Midnight Madness. In Tennessee it's a lifelong passion as it is in most other southeastern states.