Warren County vs Smyrna

soccer411

What are your thoughts on the game between Warren County and Smyrna? What are your thoughts about the name calling from the Warren County coach?

I personally think that they have a lot of talent but he is not putting them in the right positions, also a girl from the team told me that he always talks trash to them.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just think warren couty went up against a good team in smyrna.. i was at the game and i didnt hear any name calling.. it didnt look like warren county brought there A game because they only had 2 shots on the goalie the whole game.. i know some of the girls on warren co's team were not good sports... one girl pushed megan owens back down when she got up to throw the call in and another girl tripped jareatha adams when she was about to score... and there was all sorts of name calling between players after the game.. :P

Welcome to me :0 First post here at Coach T looks like I'm gonna love it. Attended the game. Didn't really see any dirty play just two teams playing hard. There were several occasions(sp) where both teams fouled hard. As for Smyrna I think they were playing this game for revenge(at least that is what several Smyrna players said in the paper)-but you can't gain revenge against the team that beat you last year. As for Warren Co. it doesn't look like there spacing, communication, runs, defensive shape, etc etc are very good. Don't know if it is lack of coaching or lack of understanding. But it looks like it could be a long year for them.-------Not on this subject but also saw Tullahoma and Cookeville play Cookeville looks good look for a Region birth for them from District 7

• 2 weeks later...

i played in the game and there was no name calling from the warren county coach it was all from the smyrna coach. he was out of control along with some of the players who ended up hitting a warren county player when she went to shake her hand. They had horrible sportsmanship and if they were playing for revenge then they werent playing real soccer. soccer is a game of fun not a game of revenge.

The Smyrna coach lost his cool during a game -- what a shock! I refereed his team two years ago in a play-off game against Gallatin. His girls were very physical, but when the Gallatin girls did not back down, he started to harp on us for some prissy fouls that would not be even called in U11 girls game.

Sometimes he forgets that soccer is a contact sport, and contact, even the weakest of challenges, goes both ways.

Smyrna won the game with the two well deserved goals from their forwards and scored another goal off a magnificent free kick. I did stick the Smyrna coach with yellow card during the game because of his insistent whining.

Once you get to know the Smyrna coach, he is actually a good guy.

I had Warren County two years ago in JV game at McGavick, and the coach looked like a heart attack waiting to happen. Needless to say, we did not see eye to eye on every call.

I thought the same you did, but during halftime of a JV girls basketball game I was refereeing at Smyrna, he came over and gave my partner and me a slice of pizza and a Gatorade. He told me it was make-up for all problems he gave me during games I had Smyrna.

Some people may have had different experiences with him and I am sure to many people he may come across as an absolute jerk. I call only speak for myself because once I got to know him, he seemed to be an affable person.

Smyrna always has out of control coaches and bad officiateing. We played there a year ago and the refs let it get so out of hand that it almost came to blows during and after the game. And I know for a fact that WC's coach didn't do any name calling. He is one of the most level headed and fair coaches I have seen from WC. He has won a few state championships with his club teams and you don't get those by name calling.

Edited by Collosus

Yes of course, they do have bad coaches and bad officials there at Smyrna. Their coach always yells and the officials are realy bad but if i remember correctly the official from last year when you guys played Smyrna was ... your coach this year, keith hamilton. How nice and convinient since he was the official when you played coffee county too and several other teams last year and the year before etc.

That is the most unethical thing I have ever heard, as an official I can tolerate a coach and the croud but I should not ever accept to officiate a game where my select team players play high school for. And one more thing, select is much easier to coach (if you are clueless) than high school, you can be an excellent select coach but when you just deal with players you get from the school and that is all...you are 1-10. Have a nice day!!

Soccer 411 Did you realize that Warren Co. lost the game to Coffee Co. 6-0. AND I'm sure that the 3-0 victory last year was a result of the official-sounds like an excuse to me-Oh yeah he was the sideline ref for the District final game too and oops WC lost 1-0. Sounds like he is unethical to me just look at how he helped out. I guess the girls of Warren Co should say thanks for letting us lose two of the three games u served as a ref. So speaking on behalf of all thanks Keith

Oh yeah Oakland players played for his team and Hendersonville players and Lebanon players and Tullahoma players and Shelbyville players etc-so soccer 411 lay blame where blame is due otherwise talk about things you know not what you think you know- ooooo no doubt Smyrna was the better team A game or not from Warren Co. but Hopefully next year we won't read about their excuses for losing.