Is South Pittsburg the best in 1a

powerp

Hey Mayarndette why u always on here talkin smack about SP we wish we had Cloudland on our schedule too, just if yall can make it on to the playoffs and we'll give yall a piece of SP football the way it really is !!!! Down in the dirty baby!!!!

Dude. Actually, I dont post on here as much as you might think. You misinterpreted what I posted. When I said I wish SP was on our schedule, I meant it in a positive way. One VERY good team playing what is in my opinion, another VERY good team. I don't "smack" any team in Tennessee.

Maybe the playoffs, yes! Im looking forward to it! :blink:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pittsburg has a great record over the last 10 years and great tradition. "The standard by which everyone else is measured" is a large overstatement, especially recent years. I believe Middle Tennessee teams have won the 1A championship 8 of the last 10 years with SP winning the other 2, but Trousdale and CPA have multiple championships as well. Most recent, CPA had a 48-7 record and 2 rings the last 4 years. Of the 7 losses, 3 were to eventual state champs in the playoffs.

South Pittsburg has a great record over the last 10 years and great tradition. "The standard by which everyone else is measured" is a large overstatement, especially recent years. I believe Middle Tennessee teams have won the 1A championship 8 of the last 10 years with SP winning the other 2, but Trousdale and CPA have multiple championships as well. Most recent, CPA had a 48-7 record and 2 rings the last 4 years. Of the 7 losses, 3 were to eventual state champs in the playoffs.

I have all the respect for CPA. Especially since they were able to meet Trousdale and win. This was quite an accomplishment. If Cloudland had to play a Trousdale in their region they woulsn't have worry about going to the semis. They were allways a thorn in SP side also. SP able to overcome part of the time and it seems CPA was the only other school that was able to do this also. AS far as I am concerned CPA is the best team in 1A at the present. With SP and a few others hot on their heels. That may or may not change this fall.

they aint nuthin' without healy no more +they're privet school ya'll recruit players

hmmm...nice English. Oh, and I can tell you that Boyd does not recruit at all. They just don't have the money. That's why they stayed in division 1. Don't look for excuses, just play. And don't make accusations when you don't know what you are talking about. Didn't your mama ever tell you it was impolite?

"If you can't say something nice..." Mama

hmmm...nice English.  Oh, and I can tell you that Boyd does not recruit at all.  They just don't have the money.  That's why they stayed in division 1.  Don't look for excuses, just play.  And don't make accusations when you don't know what you are talking about.  Didn't your mama ever tell you it was impolite?

"If you can't say something nice..."  Mama

Baldcoach I like your posts. I think you have a good grasp on the facts most of the time. I disagree with you on 1 thing though. Any school that has paid advertising in newspapers, yellowpages and various other publications and names their sports programs as an enticement to attract students from various parts of the state or other states, recruits. That is plain and simple. This Boyd does. There are other forms of recruiting than just a straight out business proposition. This is one of them.

Edited by krp