Best Defenses in Tennessee

Baldcoach

Riverdale has an outstanding defense, as usual. They say they'll have no trouble handling Smyrna's highly touted QB tonight, nor Lincoln County's running game next week. If Riverdale does shut down their next two opponents, I'd have to put them up there with the best defenses.

Riverdale did what they said they'd do with Smyrna's highly touted QB Wolke. Now, if they follow up with a shut out of Lincoln County, their defense will have to rank among the best. Good luck in shutting out the Falcons.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY VOTE GOES FOR MORRISTOWN WEST DEFENSE. THEY HELD CLEVELAND'S ALL STATE LEVONTE BARBER TO 3 YDS, IN THE 1ST HALF, TOTAL OF 74 YARDS RUSHING. ALL VETERANS, ALL STATE DEFENSIVE END, ALABAMA ALL-STATE LINEBACKER AND ALL GREAT PLAYERS! THEY WILL BE THE ONE TO WATCH.

it isnt hard to hold down someone when there is 5 or 6 on him..

North Side has a pretty good defense too. They arent really that big but they have a very quick team this year and it brings havick on the opponents offense. They have only been scored on twice this year and one of those times was the first possesion of the first game. I'm not sayin they have the best defense in the state but they would put up a fight to any offense.

I dont know who the best defense is but I do know the best defensive coordinator is Bobby Huffines of the Smith Co. Owls. He was the 2002 Defensive Coach of the Year and for obvious reasons. He eats,sleeps,and breathes football. He is also the most enthusiastic,energetic,and hyped coach in Tennessee. If you dont believe me, come to Smith Co. and find out!

Definitely the BIG RED of Montgomery Bell Academy! The opened the season, holding Trinity and its awesome air attack, lead by the number 1 quarter back in the nation, Brian Brohm. They next headed down to Lavernge holding a predominently running team scoreless. And finally, travelled down to the deep south of Southaven, Mississippi to take on a POWER running team whose line averaged approximately 30-40 lbs more per player than the Big Red D-line. After the first drive on a shortened field due to an interception, the BIG RED completely shut the running game down! Thus, MBA has shut down every type of offense (very very good offenses at that). MBA's defense is best in the state.