Oakland @ Franklin

FHSrebel27

Way to go CARLOS CRAWFORD and DARYL FRAME for getting Honorable Mention 5A player of the week! You made us proud, and we know that you always credit your teammates and coaches with your honors!

Where do you find this 5a player of the week award?

Is it in a newspaper, magazine, on a tv show or what?

Just curious to where it is.

Thanks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Hey rebel, the Asso. Press is NOT the Daily News Journal. It is a conglomeration of sports writers all across the state of TN. So there was more than one paper that respected the play of Crawford and Frame. Are you saying that Dave Thomas only got the Player of the Week caus ehe was from the Boro??? If you think that then you haven't been reading the pre-season pollls about him. Then what about Coker from Antioch??He got it too. You might want to watch a copy of the Riv/Smyrna game to watch Mr. Thomas in action.

PLUS....Don't forget that Crawford and Frame are two way starters. Crawford got 139 yds and played defense too. Frame played both as well. He got two INTS and ran one for a breath=tasking touchdown.( a 78 yd one.) He ran the other for 31 yds.Not too shabby for playing 4 quarters both ways.

Edited by region4fan

Those who nominated players for this week are: The Daily Post-Athenian, Athens; The Daily Herald, Columbia; Cookeville Herald-Citizen; The Greeneville Sun; The Knoxville News Sentinel; Citizen Tribune, Morristown; The Daily News Journal, Murfreesboro; The Tennessean, Nashville; and Union City Daily Messenger.

Sorry, I'm just being realistic. I doubt someone from Athens or Union City voted for Thomas. I'm not saying that Thomas got player of the week only because he was from the Boro but I am saying that probably had a lot to do with it. And I'm also saying that yes, it would seem to me that the DNJ had a lot to do with your Oakland guys and with Merridith from Blackman receiving honorable mentions.

I'd be interested to know how many votes you must receive to be honorable mention.

inot2bad, let's hope Franklin never plays like that again this season! You didn't see a good performance from us...

Edited by FHSrebel27

Guest region4fan

Each newspaper mentioned got ONE vote. Give me a break...I don't think that the Daily News Journal has that much power to get Thomas in. Remember that he scored one TD on a punt return, passed for one, and ran the other in himself. Now also remember that they played a formidable opponent...Smyrna...who boasts a QB who was invited to the Elite 11. They didn't play Henry county!! Thomas deserved the honor and Carlos, who just came back from a knee injury did as well. Frame also deserved it.( He got it for his Defensive effort.)If your theory is correct, how did Lowly Coker from Antioch get to share the honor with Thomas...he isn't from Rutherford County. I don't know the stats on Meredith, but I know he rushed for 166 yds. I just wonder if you would say the same if the guys were from Franklin???

By the Way...the Daily News picks a Star of the Night every Sat. They picked Lamb from Eagleville, Crawford from Oakland, Meredith from Blackman, and Thomas from Riverdale. Since they did not include Frame, how did he get the 5A honorable mention?

Edited by region4fan