Oakland @ Franklin

FHSrebel27

My boys,......................I will never doubt them for even a minute. They are here to stay and will prove it once and for all.

the only thing they will prove is that they are short-handed. it will really show in this game. oakland may tied or ahead at half but will get blown out in the second half. it's called fatigue my friends.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Hey #11...I am looking for another break-out performance from you. It felt good watching you make those two sacks in a row on Harvey. Fine job....and thanks for watching my back on the boards. You know I will never doubt you OR turn my back on you guys.

Oh and JPATS you are right Franklin isn't Lavergne, but Laverge did well against the mighty MBA didn't they???So don't discount them in any way. You do remember that Franklin did not beat the mighty Lincoln County. Since you do not think that LC can beat a young Riverdale team, and they beat Franklin.....well you are a smart guy. You get what I am saying.

oh, and before you kill me, jeff co is in trouble. they have 72 players and talent galore but the players are becoming lazy. they beat a team this past friday night 34-10. they should have been able to beat them 60-0. they had no turnovers and didn't have to punt once. all of their scores came on big plays from scooter or jennings. they didn't have one consistent drive that resulted in a td. i'm real dissapointed in them; and unless some drastic changes are made, i look for them to finish 8-2 and make an early exit from the play-offs.

Guest region4fan

OH MY GOSH....I thought Jeff would go undefeated and easily win the state according to you.

You are right, Oakland has some speed. AND they had 5 sacks on Defense LATE in the game when they should have been exhausted and down for the count.They continued to score and stop Lavergne.They held Laverge to ZERO net rushing yds. In fact, Lavergne didn't score a first down til after the half. They changed QB's as theirs got banged up pretty good. Their second QB was better than their starter. He was elusive and not afraid to run. As a result, he got a few first downs....but also sacked 5 times.

What I love best about these threads, it's tha fans doing all the talking from FHS, and mostly from OHS. That means the players are focused on their responsibilities - meaning the classroom and preperation for Friday night.

A game has yet to won with a war of words, and regardless of who has what stats, and who a team beat last weak or in pre season - the ball bounces in funny ways.

Good luck to both teams, I think this one could go either way - depends on who executes and creates the breaks. (I don't believe a team gets any breaks - they create them)

Yes but it would be no fun for us fans to not have the war of words before Friday night! :D At least this is a very mild discussion... I've seen much worse. And this is how I feel about the boards here. There are some people that are WAY too uptight (not anyone in this thread) about posting. It's ok to have some fun on here with the fans of your opponent simply because it doesn't have any outcome on the game. That is all decided on Friday night. It's fun to talk stats, prove why your team will win. There are some that don't think you should even talk about the game which is crazy because that's what this is all about. There hasn't been any trash talking on this thread- some disagreement, yes- and I respect the Oakland folk for that.

I can't believe it's only Wednesday... seems much later in the week.

GO REBELS!

Wednesday, 10 September 2003 | Middle Tennessee Sports News and Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passing Leaders

Name School ATT CMP YDS TD 2PT

Randy Schlappi Ezell-Harding 91 58 776 8 0

Matt Solima Franklin 61 32 599 8 0

Michael Fisher MBA 61 32 477 3 0

Devulier Rucker Hillwood 44 31 448 4 0

Stephen Clark Watertown 38 24 432 3 0

David Wolke Smyrna 53 24 396 2 0

Gordon Keene White House 38 19 381 2 0

Brandon Janco Goodpasture 47 27 379 6 0

Burton Elrod David Lipscomb 20 16 378 5 0

Tim Perkins Stratford 41 29 347 5 0