Oakland @ Franklin

FHSrebel27

Guest region4fan

Thanks Riverdale. These folk don't seem to realize how well we stick together in the Boro. It was commented on an earlier post about where the Oakland people were. Yes, several were on the Riverdale / Lincoln County thread trying to take up for Riverdale. When our teams are head to head there are some heated discussions between us. However, when we are not competing against each other, we try our best to cover the other team's back on the boards. That is called mutual respect. We might not still care for the school that much, but we stick together a s a town and as a region. And we try to help out our bretheren on the boards. In fact, some of you posters from the Boro feel like family to me.

Now as for Oakland, our fans are as loyal as yours are. I do not know too much about Franklin other than the fact that I respect them. I know in years past, you could chalk it up to an easy win if you played them. But things have started to turn around in the last few years there. Fans were on here begging for respect last year. I have respect for you, but many others don't. They don't think that Franklin has earned any respect by having one good season. I KNOW BETTER!

Before we get into some specifics, could anyone give me the easiest directions to your fine school? I will be very pressed for time and want the quickest route. Also any info on parking would be appreciated as well.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take 96 to Mack Hatcher Parkway (major intersection after you get past Williamson Square.. you'll see a HUGE American flag at a bank on your right... it will be the intersection after that). At Mack Hatcher, turn right. Stay on Mack Hatcher until it dead ends into Hillsboro Road. You'll see the lights from the Pkwy. Turn left onto Hillsboro Road. Your best bet for parking if you're getting there around 7 or so will be to park in front of the school, in my opinion.

region4fan, you and "Riverdale" go ahead and gang up on Lincoln County. Since they are the only school in their county, it looks like they'll have to go it alone. Except for their own small following, they'll obviously be playing in a very hostile environment. That should be worth at least 6-8 points for Riverdale by the end of the game. That's a lot to make up against a quality Riverdale team.

Guest region4fan

Thanks Rebel for the directions, sounds simple enough.

You better believe that The Falcons will be in a hostile environment. Remember the Patriots will play them in a few weeks too.I hope they bring a huge crowd. Funding to the school s has been cut drastically, so bring on the buses and vans!

Oh and another tip, bring ear plugs to drown out those annoying cowbells that the Warrior faithful bring!

Guest region4fan

Actually at the games, they don't bother me. I don't really hear them. So they are not bothersome.

I usually have a radio with me at the Oakland's games to hear bits and pieces of other local games. When Riverdale is the team being broadcast, I especially like to keep in touch with scores etc. BUT>>>>>>>>When you are trying to listen on the radio, all you can hear are those durn cowbells. It drives me totally insane. I am fearful of watching the Smyrna TV broadcast for that VERY reason. But they don't hold a candle to that Blackman band! They are the MOST annoying of them all.

Actually at the games, they don't bother me. I don't really hear them. So they are not bothersome.

I usually have a radio with me at the Oakland's games to hear bits and pieces of other local games. When Riverdale is the team being broadcast, I especially like to keep in touch with scores etc. BUT>>>>>>>>When you are trying to listen on the radio, all you can hear are those durn cowbells. It drives me totally insane. I am fearful of watching the Smyrna TV broadcast for that VERY reason. But they don't hold a candle to that Blackman band! They are the MOST annoying of them all.

Oh my gosh, that's the freakin truth! Blackman's band needs to learn to shut up!

Guest region4fan

Yes, I am talking about that dang rock band that sings on Microphones throughout the whole game!

Chskicker....obviously you don't know what you are talking about.

Edited by region4fan

Where does chs guy com from... i won't comment on his post.

Anyways, i keep hearing that are squad can't go 4 qtrs, or that depth is an issue. Yea its ture that seigle hit us hard and we lost sum players to them, but summer workouts are what weeded out the people who arent on the team now... talk about tough i guarantee the guys we got now on the team can play 6 qtrs if we had to due to the 8-10am workouts every morning. Yea BA brings out 100+ players out to our game but i told our team id rather have 30 something who are one team and are close, than have 11 guys on the feild and 80 stragglers.

I just wanted to comment on that.

While you probably didn't intend to belittle BA's team chemistry in your comment, let me just clarify that just because BA's squad is large doesn't mean it isn't close-knit. Our guys have uncommon brotherhood for such a large team...just ask any of the players. Sure there are "stragglers," as you call them, who don't play, but even they are just glad to be a part of the team and willing to do whatever it takes. Just letting you know. B)