Oakland @ Franklin

FHSrebel27

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And BigDogDaddy... I was bored during class today so I started to think about these numbers. While yes, Solima's numbers have been very impressive and I'm very proud of him, it's not necessarily correct to compare him with Edmitson and Wolke because they have only played two games compared to Matt's three. But then, I got to thinking again. Let's give them all the benefit of the doubt and say they've thrown no interceptions and calculate their rating (left out INTs of the equation because they're not listed in the stats above). In doing this based on the NFL's formula, Solima still leads. Thusly, I proved myself wrong. Solima is still better, numbers wise.

Solima QB Rating- 126

Edmitson QB Rating- 101

Wolke QB Rating- 83

Ahh, playing with the numbers is so fun.

The problem with the stats in the Tennessean and likely elsewhere, their only as good as how they are reported. Solima for example, threw a pick in the first game, second toss. Not reported to the tennessean, doesn't show in the stats.

Hard to use the stats, because they are faulty at best. I have heard question in the past about punt averages (due to stat guys padding or estimating or unsure how to properly calculate), yards per catch, and so on.

Makes for great discussion, just not accurate discussion.

Did Nichols drop a lot of passes vs Columbia? I can't recall too many last week or vs Lincoln County. Perhaps I'm just mistaken...

Kevyn WILL improve...all players go through a slump. I'm not worried.

And since I offered it up on the Williamson County thread and I figure heck, why not? Here ya go...

Franklin 45 Oakland 17

Tim Johnson will NEVER let a Franklin Rebel team go into a game overlooking their opponent; not after what happened in the first BHS game last year. I assure you that the players I have talked to are not overlooking the Patriots. I'm not overlooking the Patriots, just stating how GOOD I think our offense is and how I think that (coupled with what should be a decent defense at least) will lead us to victory.