Oakland @ Franklin

FHSrebel27

All I'm saying is it certainly is fishy... but that's where I'm stopping my comments on this. In my opinion, the AP poll/awards are jokes but oh well. And yes, I've thought that for a while, even when Franklin was third last year.

Thus far this season I've been pretty conservative about talking about the upcoming game. I've decided to change that this week. Franklin's offense is simply too powerful. As long as the defense plays decently, Franklin will win. I think the defense will be fine. We get a lot of guys back on defense this week so they should play well. Hold Oakland under 21 or so, Franklin wins easily.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Oakland.....here's hoping that you work hard this week to be the best that you can be. We have confidence in you, and are proud of your effort last week against Lavergne. Even thought his game is a non-region game and will not matter within our region, I know that you want to win this one to shut the non-believers out. Go Big Patriots!

Being a player, i really dont want to comment "too" much on this game until its over. Yet i can't help reading these posts and not backing my oakland friend(region) out on the subject. Why are we so doubted in this game, maybe we have no support on coacht this week but who cares. I think after week1 people started giving up on us.... let's take a look back at b4 the season.... Schrimmage one: Hillsboro we come out and knock them in the teeth, score on the 1st play, moved the ball on them well and our defense held them to 2 touchdowns, i know yes they won but in a game when we line up toe2toe with them i give the win to us, moving on..... 2: Soddy-Daisy,win Straight up dominated them, i don't really need to say much other than defense shut them out..... 3:Tullahoma, 29-0 win at half time when the power blew out and the game was called, basically we played them like we did against lavergne..... 4: Gallatin, 14-10 win, gallatin is a strong team with a good backfeild and great QB, one big play hurt us when they scored and the D toughened up to shut them out in the red zone 2 times carlos and AJ ran really tough too..... 5: Brentwood, 14-7 (7-7)tie.... the scoreboard says 14-7 but a whistle blown by the ref stopped our defense while the rb for brentwood runs 60 yrds for a TD. A hardnose game on both sides.

I'm just here to say goodluck to both teams, but everyone is doubting us for some reason! WE are strong and full of heart.

By the way WesVols, i had no intention on downing BA's unity just wanted to make a point about what #'s mean at oakland.

If your offense clicks, and our offense clicks... FHS wins easily. The Rebs have proven they can do plenty on offense (Solima hasn't thrown an INT in two games while throwing for 6 TDs and around 500 yards... pretty impressive) but not only that, we have the potential to make a big play on special teams. Three kickoff returns for TDs in two games- that's pretty impressive as well. Still not going to offer up a score prediction however...

I want to savor this win a little longer. I will discuss this one later. Way to go Patriots!! good TEAM effort , boys!

hey, i was wrong about oakland. what is one to think. they only have about 30 players. i just find it hard to believe that they could be strong for 4 qtrs with such small numbers. but you have to realize that sooner or later depth is going to pose a big problem for them, especially in a hard fought game like with riverdale.

as long as the guys want it more than the other team, than any team, regardless of number can beat anybody, logic tells you that its not possible, but then logic cant always explain everything either.

fhsrebel27,

i am sorry if i led you to believe that i was talk about this week's game, i was talkin to jpats about oakland and if they want it bad enough, that they can beat any time no matter how many on a team they have.

May I brag about my Rebels for a moment? Thank you.

Matt Solima through three games is 32 of 61 for 599 yards and 8 touchdowns. He's thrown only one interception. This is second in the mid-state. Joe Bell has 9 receptions for 212 yards (23.5 yards per reception!) and three touchdowns which is seventh in the mid-state. Ryan Nichols is 15th in the mid-state with 9 receptions for 149 yards (16.9 per catch) and a TD. Stephen Hotard on D is 4th in tackles with 29 and Brad Christiansen is tied for 17th with 21 and he didn't play last week! David DeFatta LEADS Middle Tennessee with a 46.8 punt avg (five for 234). Pretty good stats for the Rebels!