Steriod use in H. S. Football

Football Fan Man

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REBS 50 is right, some players don't need steriods to bench 330-350 or squat 550-600, they just want to play at their max. Wes Hedgepath squated 600lbs, and benched over 350 his senior year. Last year Wes Waters benched 350, Squated 600, and power cleaned 345. Neither of them were on steriods, i know i played with them. How does a qb bench 450, and squat 550? theres the real ?

Not to say that the drugs in question aren't used in some seriously misguided mind, but I believe that some exceptionally strong young men could very well be being accused of something they are not taking part in. Given a young man with the potential for strength starts working out at the end of his seventh grade year in a program that will allow and nuture the growth of the athlete, a 300 bench or a 400 squat is not out of the ordinary. I believe that high schools around the area more than ever are doing a great job with their weight rooms and are molding some strong players the right way. That includes the use of over the counter supplements like "Creatine" which can put on 10 lbs of muscle in a matter of weeks. Again I am not saying it doesn't happen, but maybe not as much as people think.

I don't believe that steroid use at the high school level is as wide spread as you may think. Yes there are some examples of kids using them here and there, but not everywhere. I do agree that kids are getting a lot stronger these days because of the advances in high school lifting programs (better educated coaches) and a better understanding of diet and supplementation.

Over the counter suppliments are good for a athlete playing football, but you have to look at the risk involved. Remember the kids that died in the summer a few years back. Well, that summer I was taking 3 different suppliments, it was called the Muscletech stack, consist of Cell-Tech, Nitro-Tech, and Hydroxycut. I gained 20 lbs, but my body fat droped from 34% to 26% in 5 weeks all my maxs jump, but then i saw the news about that and stopped emediatly. some of the muscle stayed but i lost most of it.

Ive heard from some people that a few of BA's key players got a lot bigger since last season, like unnaturally bigger....maybe they're juiced, maybe they're just really dedicated. I'm not pointing fingers at BA or anyone else- im sure it happens at almost every school, but thats one of the stories i've heard

You don't know what you are talking about. How dare you implicate a school's program and its players in such a thing. It's one thing to rag on their performance, say they recruit, anything else, but that kind of personal attack has absolutely no place on this board. Did you lift 4 times a week every week except dead period this summer? A lot of BA's player did.

For your information, Coach Flatt talks to the kids all the time...constantly about the dangers of any supplements, including those over-the-counter ones some people on this thread claim are safe. There are signs, articles, etc. all over their locker room about this, and they have a policy that anyone caught using any steroids, creatine, etc. will be g-o-n-e.

You should be ashamed.

Ive heard from some people that a few of BA's key players got a lot bigger since last season, like unnaturally bigger....maybe they're juiced, maybe they're just really dedicated.  I'm not pointing fingers at BA or anyone else- im sure it happens at almost every school, but thats one of the stories i've heard

Your gossip does not belong on these boards. Something like that can hurt a coach and/or players reputation. It ain't right!!

Just to be safe, lets not mention specific schools unless there is cold, hard, documented proof in your favor. Who knows how hard another team works?

I agree this is a very touchy subject, we do not want to implicate anyone, if someone knows something it should be reported to AD's or the proper authorities

and not posted on the internet.