Mount Juliet v. Wilson Central

toejamwarrior

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mt.juliet needs a coach who knows the history and can build on it . i remember when the bears were a feared team and on friday night there wasn't a question about who was going to win but by how much. that time has passed now espescially with coach kirby quiting. he was the last of his kind he got the best out of his players and should have been head coach a long time ago. there have been several that could have taken over before it got to this point for instance why did the administration not hire wes elrod when they had the chance he was already on staff but for some stupid reason "dan the man" was hired he lucked up had a good season not due to his coaching but there was a pretty good staff there with more experience and hey there was some talent too. why would a school with the history they have hire someone with out head coaching experience?? and now crawford??? what was the name of the last team he rebuilt?? it will be a while before anyone fears the bear den again. they need a coach to which this is more than just a job you have to live and breath golden bear football. coach kirby we will miss u and thanks. u taught me a lot.

mj59 I couldnt agree with you more. I played for coach kirby however in wrestling not football. Coach Flatt was coach when i was there. And as far as Winfree goes ..I thought he was a decent coach. But I still believe MJ needs someone with alot of Head Coaching experience in the past, and also know a little something about MJ football. They had a chance back in 1996-1997 to hire a coach that was..a Head Football Coach, had many years experience at the Collegiate level as an assistant, and also lived in Mj for 5 years. The problem is the paysale was so low. Maybe MJHS needs to up their payscale and get a QUALITY coach.

Good Luck this season MJHS BEARS

today is the day. who will start thier comback as the real power in wilson county? mjhs or wchs. is central hungrier ? B) the freshman wild cats put a beating on the bears 34-16 and it could have been worse. is hardy the future ?? second year in a row are they building somthing up ther on 840? wonder who would be the power if there was no split three years ago. imagine harris the fullback and humes the tailback warren the qb( sorry levi) and alexander the coach. could have been a dynasty

Yeah I have a couple of comments on the game tonight and some other stuff. The reason that Mt. Juliet football has been horrible has been because of a lot of reasons. For one the administration there at mj is horrible. They fire a good coach in Coach Winfree for no apperent reason and not to long before spring practice was sopposed to start. Then they hire Crawford. Bad Call. You change a team that has had a running attack for the past couple of years to a passing team. And if i remember right they had some talent back there in the back field. You also go to a very disciplined team to a non disciplined team. When Winfree was there that team was very disciplined. You knew your place on that team. When Crawford is there I see parents coming into the locker room and see there kids and talk to Crawford. No tackling drills. No full pads. The kids on the team dont know what discipline is. I really feel it for some of those people. The problem for the past couple of years though has to go to the administration for the poor judgment on picking a coach. Plus some of the blame goes to Crawford for not putting in enough effort to try to get the team disciplined. About the game tonight, I say Central wins because they have good coaching with a new coach from Tennessee Tech. They are disciplined and hungry for it.

Repeat:  Better-coached team wins this game.

And the principals fight at halftime.

That is, if they come to the game.

Salty, you are still my hero. Larry K will be there early this year. Judy will make her usual after dinner appearance. Have the double secret proceedings against Crawford begun yet? C'mon Salty what is the scoop? :rolleyes:

Well the dust has settled and the streak for Wilson Central continues. Mount Juliet blows them out of the water and out of the dream that they would beat MJ. Chris Humes with 23 carries had 158 yards as Central throughout the week boasted that they would hold Humes to under 50 yards. WAKE UP GLADEVILLE HIGH!! The better team is clearly Mount Juliet. WC by 15, gimme a break! I was even giving them too much credit, predicting a MJ 35-34 win over the fearless wildcats. Mount Juliet 27 Wilson Central NOTHING