region 4 pickem week 3

Guest Oakland

OK guys. I'm still kind of upset at how smyrna played against riverdale but I can almost garuntee these two will meet again in the playoffs. As for this week:

Franklin over Oakland

Smyrna over Gallatin

Lincoln Co. over Riverdale

Lavergne over Cumberland Co.

Lebanon over Cookville

Wilson Central over Mt Juliet (Teams 1st win comes over their rival opponent)

Columbia over Siegel

Brentwood over Blackman

Bonus:

Coffee Co. over Tullahoma ( Coffee County will have another 400 yds. rushing)

MBA over BGA( closer than everone thinks)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coffee Co. over Tullahoma (28-14)

MBA over BGA (40-10)

Riverdale over Lincoln Co. (28-24) surprisingly low scoring

Franklin over Oakland (30-21) sorry fellas!!

Brentwood over Blackman (50-7)

Columbia over siegel (35-10)

Gallatin over Smyrna (17-7)

Cumberland Co. over LaVergne (20-17)

Cookeville over Lebanon (28-27)

Wilson Central over Mt. Juliet (2-0) Somebody's got to win! That a boy Central!!

Edited by Croach

Well even though i would rather go with my heart than my brain, i need to be honest about this so here are my picks.

Gallatin over Smyrna

Franklin over Oakland

Brentwood over Blackman (sorry Blaze but ill be their rooting you on)

Wilson Central over Mt. Juliet

Columbia over Seigal

Lavergne over Cumberland County

Lebanon over Cookeville

MBA over BGA

Coffee County over Tullahoma

Then of course we have the big one, Lincoln Cty at Riverdale. I have been thinking about this one for a while now. I know Riverdale has the incentive of playing at home plus the Falcons beat Riverdale last year and took out Henry. But after seing the Falcons play against my Blaze, i have to say that they look very good, great size and team speed. SO

Lincoln County over Riverdale.

I guess i dont see our region having a good week at all. :lol:

Oakland won't be able to rebel against most predictions, and will lose this week.

Lincoln County's speed and size will overpower a young Riverdale squad.

The Green Wave will roll over the Bulldogs.

The Bruins will win against the Blaze.

Columbia over an inexperienced(big time) and injury plagued Star squad.

LaVergne over Cumberland Co.

Lebanon over Cookeville.

Wilson Central over Mt. Juliet

Tullahoma over Coffee Co.

MBA over BGA

-JohnC

well, after 2 weeks of the region 4 pickem, this contest has proven to a very close one. there is a 4-way tie for 1st with a 3-way tie for 2nd as well, so this week may prove to be a make or break week for the panel of the region 4 pickem. last week was much more exciting given that we had 21 participants for the pickem last week, an increase from the original 12 we had in week 1. but this week may seperate the contenders from the pretenders, with such games on tap as riverdale-lincoln county, smyrna-gallatin, and franklin-oakland this week in region 4 proves to be no easy one, unlike last week. but before we get started with week 3 i want to post the overall standings thru week 2, and i believe i posted it this past weekend but i know some of you didnt get the chance to see it so here it goes again, the overall standings for the region 4 pickem thru week 2:

1st-- WesVols,Slim589,Riverdale,JohnnyC, and Gwave1 13-1

2nd--Oakland2001,ooooo,and TDCman 12-2

3rd--firstandgoal,shsheadbusta88 11-3

4th--Shady04,Croach,and BlazeP 10-4

5th--Region4Fan,BoroBalla06,splainshornet,and olineahtlete 6-0

6th--TheOne0,and Jpats5 5-1

7th--Lucky13k 4-2

8th--Rashard2k4 2-2

and your region 4 games for this week are as follows: oakland @ franklin, riverdale@ lincoln county, gallatin @ smyrna, brentwood @ blackman, columbia central @ siegel, lavergne @ cumberland co., Cookeville @ Lebanon, and wilson central @ mt.juliet.

and your bonus games for this week are: tullahoma-coffee county (coffee pot game) and bga-mba(thought i would give you guys a semi easy one.) GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!!!!

why should guys with 3 loses be place above me? how will you resolve this issue?

1st of all, jpats because they participated in week 1's pickem and if you eventually pass them as far as wins go, i will no hesitate to put you above them, i intially had a conflict on how to accept late entrants as well both that is how its gonna be.

this weeks winners: riverdale (too much speed on defense for a big slow offensive line to handle), gallatin, brentwood, cumberland co, franklin (way too much speed for oakland to handle), columbia, mt juliet (central will almost win this one), lebanon, coffee, and mba.

Edited by JPATS5

1st of all, jpats because they participated in week 1's pickem and if you eventually pass them as far as wins go, i will no hesitate to put you above them, i intially had a conflict on how to accept late entrants as well both that is how its gonna be.

how about percentage? as of now mine is 83; those in 3rd is 78. do you think that is fair. oh, what is your response to what i said about oakland's depth?