? for starsnbars

JPATS5

glad your back susie , like clemsondad says , your one of the most entertaining posters here . don't let any of these clowns run you off again . anyone who doesn't appreciate your wit , just doesn't get it !!

jpats5 , your hard to figure , in one breath your slamming the rebels hard , and in the next breath your very complimentary . i talked to one of the MARYVILLE senior football players last night who was one of the stars in the state championship game last year , and i told him about "coach t" and all the things that are constantly brought up by all the MARYVILLE haters out there . he thought it was absolutely hilarious to hear things like " steroid use " . i couldn't believe he had never even been on "coach t" , but he said something like " i'm not gonna listen to any negativity about our program , we're focused on one thing ..... winning " i don't understand why you can't believe these young men can't have the dedication and commitment it takes to have a championship team . you should have seen this kids eyes when i told him he was now a part of the RED REBEL legacy , and no matter what happened , he would always be a champion in all the MARYVILLE fan's eyes !! he wanted to hear all about the championship teams that i was a part of in the late 70's . they may be young , but they've been raised to believe they are winners and part of a great legacy . as an adult ( i assume you are ) i just don't see how you could get on a public forum and try to bash or ridicule or make false accusations about these fine young men who are so dedicated to being the very best they can be . as an adult i can appreciate any football team of fine young men who are dedicated and commited to being the very best that they can be . i totally respect any football team in the state of TENNESSEE, or anywhere for that matter , that plays with pride and commitment . MARYVILLE'S not the only great program in TENNESSEE , theres lots of great programs , RIVERDALE , BRENTWOOD , MBA , CENTRAL , ALCOA , JEFF CO . KINGSPORT DB , OAK RIDGE , etc , etc , etc . your really missing out on something when you can't just watch a team of motivated , dedicated , and proud young men all trying their best for the good of the TEAM, and totally appreciate those young men ...WHETHER IT'S YOUR TEAM OR NOT !!!!.... . NO , IT'S NOT " STEROIDS , OR CHEATING , or anything else you want to use to belittle these young men's effort , it's the total commitment , and dedication to being a part of a winning legacy that was established a long ,long time ago at MARYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL .

dude, i'm not bashing anybody. i just find it so hard to believe with hs kids that any sports program could be so successful year-in-year-out. i'm sure i'm wrong about the supplement abuse (never said they did, just heard stories--rumors; read my original post). but why put me down for being supicious. thomas had a very hard time in believing that Christ had risen from the dead. i know that's a dumb analogy, but anyways maryville is just an unbelievable football team. might i add that most people find it entertaining to watch a powerhouse get knocked off, and i'm looking forward to the day when they finally feel the pain of defeat. remember it's only a sport, no harm.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks nine.

jpats5 , your right , it's only a sport and it's your right to pull against any team you want to . i'll make you a little promise though , if jeff co . was to become dominant over the next few years ( which is very possible ) , i promise you , i ( and i doubt if any maryville fan would ) will not get on here and spread rumors and make up false accusations about those kids who are either yours or maybe some of your friend's kids . i would give them credit for all of the obvious hard work they would have had to put in . it's a shame that people will try to tarnish a young kids efforts by making accusations of cheating , steroids , open tuition policy , or whatever else they can come up with . i bet you'd be just as defensive as most of the MARYVILLE fans are now if someone was trying to tarnish your schools efforts and achievements .

IMHO, JPat was only raising a reasonable question. I didn't take offense at it. As someone else said, you could almost see it as a compliment for the program.

As to supplements, the main one for the past several years has been creatine. There may be some value in creatine in a very controlled environment. I have always cautioned against use in hot weather, as it may promote dehydration. I seem to recall that pepvol disagrees vehemently, but I refuse to take chances with teenagers.

The scary supplement is ephedrine. This one is widespread in its use. It is nothing more than a stimulant and kids know that. They also know that they can purchase it at the local convenience market (yellow jackets, among other names). It has shown to be quite a killer, as with Cory Stringer. There are NO circumstances that ephedrine should be used.

As for watching out for your own kids: the signs to watch for with steroid use are a change in personality (usually becoming more aggressive), excess acne (particularly on the upper back), hair loss, and weight gains that seem out of proportion to the amount of work that the kid is putting in. Unfortunately, most parents are the last to know, being too pleased with the enhanced performance that their son is demonstrating.

Athletic trainers are taught how to recognize these things and I can tell you that we are constantly on the lookout for those signs. If we see them, we intervene. There is no harm in asking. The real harm is in looking the other way.

And without violating confidences placed in me, I will say that steroid use does not seem to be the problem it used to be (say 10 years ago). Kids today are working harder than ever, are better trained, and are better fed.

Hey boyz!

Well it is settled...I am back! I am going to start exercising regularly! No more "Young and the Restless" for me.

It will be hard to give up "All my children" but I think with your all's support I can make it.

Nine...I didn't say Richard Gamble...I just said Gamble?

I really was "tored" up over everybody bashing everybody else on here, but since goat slammed me again...I am back, if for nothing else, just to aggravate him!

Goat, I could love you long time! However, you won't let me...are you a real man like these other guys on here?

Gov Man...I got the message, loud and clear, some folks just don't get it do they? I have the utmost respect for all coaches and teachers. They are doing a job, I know I couldn't do.

Anyway, I am having a big sale on my leftover bon bons and my "sweet sixteen" donuts. LA weight loss...look out...Susie's back!

Starz...I am going to get back down to my Friday night weight, just for an old fling again.

My predictions for Friday night...William Blount 34 - Alcoa 21, and Maryville 42 - HHS 18.

Love you boyz!

:lol:

Guest NineInchNails

Right now, it doesn't look like the Tornadoes are going to put 21 on ANYBODY, much less William Blount. And I'm not anybody's twin, so stop guessing at who I am...nobody cares and neither should you.

Billy B. 31-0

Murvul 42-6

Hey boyz!

Oooh all this tough talk from Clemson Dad

I bet he can "top" your credentials too there JP!

Nine I believe I have you exposed for the woman hater that you really are! You just tell everybody it is "nine" don't you. It is probably around "two" or "three" at the most!

As for the Alcoa, William Blount match-up, you are probably right on the score, but I think Alcoa's special teams will score for them.

Starz, have these mean spirited boyz ran you off too?

Love you boyz!

:o

Edited by robjim