Should the FC. Rebels be changed top the patriots?

REBS 50

ok let me put an end to the "baggage" issue....we have had black coaches at the high school in the last couple years and in the past such as for instance quitman spauling..i remember him as a kansa city cheif?? well he moved on to bigger better things...we have a large relation to colored ppl and as a member or FRANKLIN COUNTY "REBEL" football everyone one of the colored members of the team are just as proud to be a reble as the white ones. Live on rebs

....oh and lordfrost...........guess ewr gotta go back and change star wars too..... you know??? the rebel alliance to the peacful alliance.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought being a Rebel from Tennessee was being a Patriot. O.K. lets compromise here. Change the mascot to the Confederates.

Way to go Lord Frost and Sequatichie.

Take some of the minorities out of Franklin Co. High and stick them in one of the high schools in Compton (a burb in Los Angeles that ) and they would be glad to see a few redknecks!

rlh, that last comment was out of place and offensive. I'm a European-American from a large urban area who still dislikes seeing rednecks.

However, what if I were to tell you that only 5% of the population in the South during the Civil War era owned slaves? What if I were to tell you that the majority of Southern soldiers didn't own slaves? What if I were to tell you that the Civil War was fought over states rights because the South didn't want to have to pay taxes on cotton they exported to England were they could get better prices than they could get from Northern mill owners? What if I were to tell you that the South "REBELLED" for basically the exact same reason that colonies "REBELLED" from England for? If you were to get down to it, we're all Rebels.

Now, don't try to label me a supporter of the Southern cause, because I'm not. I think the South was wrong to seceed and I think that it was in the United States best interest that the South lost, but I think the issue of slavery had little to do w/ the Southern cause. If you disagree, ask yourself this question; if slavery was an issue, how did the South muster about 500,000 men to serve in its armed forces when only 5% of the population owned slaves?

OLE MISS....Atlanta Braves,,,,Cleveland Indians,,,,,

So what.... I am a southern guy, my ancestors were fighting in the revoloution and the civil war and all the other great wars (ww1 & 2) while some of ya'll were flipping perogies in italy..

race relations are a big issue...Black and white are different but the same...

each have their own proud history, and can co-exist...

But OLE MISS REBELS.....awesome...there is nothing wrong with Dixie..

I have a confederate flag (16x20) in my garage, it isn't racially motivated, I am proud of my ancestors, I am not ashamed of where I come from..

Patriots isn't a bad name, but it is an abombonation to everyone in the south if it gets changed.

If Black people are still so angry over something that happened so long ago, why isn't there a protest over the African Flag and colors. Why do so many Blacks want to be referred to as "African-Americans" when it was the African tribal leaders who ORIGINALLY sold their ancestors into slavery. I would think that they would still be angry at that country and would want to disassociate themselves from it. Go figure.