who is the top five rushers in tn

Orangefanallday

Top rushers as listed by www.tennessean.com w/400 or more rushing yds.

(Middle Tennessee)

Thursday, 18 September 2003|Middle Tennessee Sports News and Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Football Rushing Leaders

Name School Carries Yds. TD 2pt

Carlos Hudson East Robertson 74 693 9 0

Bruce Lane McEwen 80 519 5 0

Josh Gregory Lincoln Co. 72 517 9 0

Colt Risner Collinwood 55 505 6 0

LaMarcus Coker Antioch 51 484 5 0

Jamison Link Gallatin 38 482 5 0

Michael Koban MBA 50 464 8 0

Roger Herndon Greenbrier 65 461 5 0

Michael Wilmore Smith Co. 67 457 7 0

Eli Fisher Loretto 55 449 5 0

Chris Wooden DCA 66 446 6 0

Aaron Kirkpatrick Jo Byrns 49 421 1 1

Chris Fanning Huntland 67 419 3 0

Maurice Polk Sycamore 45 416 5 0

:rolleyes:

Josh Gregory of Lincoln County has 517 yards in 3 games against Franklin, Blackman, and Riverdale. That has got to be impressive. Hopefully, he can add a couple hundred to it tonight against another team of Rebels.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the tennessean has josh gregory from lincoln county listed 3rd with 521 yds and 9 td's

Josh after friday night should have about 650 yards and 13 tds..His yards were hard yards franklin, blackman, riverdale and franklin co...franklin and riverdale are in the top 10 in the state..to me this make Josh a legit back, Oakland is next friday night.......Some of the defenses he will face later in the region will not hold him under 200 a game if he stay in the game long enough....

Top rushers as listed by www.tennessean.com w/400 or more rushing yds.

(Middle Tennessee)

Thursday, 18 September 2003|Middle Tennessee Sports News and Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Football Rushing Leaders

Name                    School      Carries  Yds.    TD    2pt

Carlos Hudson    East Robertson  74    693      9      0

Bruce Lane          McEwen            80    519      5      0

Josh Gregory      Lincoln Co.        72    517      9      0

Colt Risner          Collinwood        55    505      6      0

LaMarcus Coker  Antioch              51    484      5      0

Jamison Link        Gallatin            38      482      5      0

Michael Koban      MBA                  50    464      8      0

Roger Herndon    Greenbrier        65    461      5      0

Michael Wilmore  Smith Co.          67    457      7      0

Eli Fisher              Loretto              55    449      5      0

Chris Wooden      DCA                66    446      6      0

Aaron Kirkpatrick  Jo Byrns          49    421      1      1

Chris Fanning        Huntland          67    419      3      0

Maurice Polk        Sycamore        45    416      5      0

;)

Jake Nunley's numbers have not been reported in the Tennessean he has 1,006 in 4 games for Coffee County and I think 11TD's. I had him for 242 this week. B)

Edited by chs4life

WarEagle21, the key to Carlos's success is our starting o-line are all 250+. It kinda goes like this: Ryan Hackney 6-4 285, Joey Phillips 6-1 275, Jeffrey Groves 6-3 260, Ryan Carey 6-1 250, Jimbo Rusin 6-5 265. We have some big hosses don't we? But don't take anything from Carlos, give him the smallest hole, and he'll make a postitive gain, he don't look strong but he runs strong. He has 950 yards on 97 carries for 12 rushing td's and 1 recieving. But all these yards came only against DCA, Red Boling Springs (poor guys), Stewart County, Montgomery Central, and Station Camp. We enter the brunt of our schedule now with games against Cheatam County, David Lipscomb, Houston County, Goodpasture, and Westmoreland. 4 of 5 of those are region games! We are a very underrated team right now, we could surprise alot of people this year and take Region 4-2A from Lipscomb and Goodpasture. You may laugh and scoff at that, but it's true. You want to see a game,go to Lipscomb in two weeks and watch Carlos against them.

Carlos is obviously a quality back and congrats to him for a rushing season in 5 games. I will say this - if he gets 200+ against Goodpasture and Lipscomb and they win, the line and Carlos are All-State. I wish them well, but I doubt that will happen.

I have always kept an eye on East Robertson, because I rushed for over 100 yards against them when I was a Senior at the now closed Castle Heights Military Academy over 30 years ago. I will never forget that.

WarEagle21, the key to Carlos's success is our starting o-line are all 250+. It kinda goes like this: Ryan Hackney 6-4 285, Joey Phillips 6-1 275, Jeffrey Groves 6-3 260, Ryan Carey 6-1 250, Jimbo Rusin 6-5 265. We have some big hosses don't we? But don't take anything from Carlos, give him the smallest hole, and he'll make a postitive gain, he don't look strong but he runs strong. He has 950 yards on 97 carries for 12 rushing td's and 1 recieving. But all these yards came only against DCA, Red Boling Springs (poor guys), Stewart County, Montgomery Central, and Station Camp. We enter the brunt of our schedule now with games against Cheatam County, David Lipscomb, Houston County, Goodpasture, and Westmoreland. 4 of 5 of those are region games! We are a very underrated team right now, we could surprise alot of people this year and take Region 4-2A from Lipscomb and Goodpasture. You may laugh and scoff at that, but it's true. You want to see a game,go to Lipscomb in two weeks and watch Carlos against them.

It's nice to see two Robertson County players in the top five, Carlos Hudson-East Robertson, and Roger Herndon-Greenbrier. Carlos is only a sophomore and Roger is only a junior. Roger has only played RB for 3 games and has 650 yards and 11 TD's.

Good luck to both East Robertson and Greenbrier!!

My Opnion is that the yards per carry is the stastic that means more than total yards. Our Starting Backs are benched after we get a comfortable lead. Sometimes that might be late in the second quater or early in the third.

I see where one person mentioned the Offensive line. You almost never see big stats even for a great back without a good Offensive line.