Goodpasture @ Lipscomb

FOOTGUY5

OK, I KNOW ITS A WEEK AWAY, BUT I WAS WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS THOUGHT.THIS IS A BIG GAME FOR BOTH TEAMS, THE BIGGEST ALL YEAR.LIPSCOMB IS COMING OFF THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND IS 2-0 AND LOOKING TO ADD TO THAT THIS WEEK AND NEXT.THEY HAVE TWO GREAT PLAYERS IN CULTER ROBINSON AND MADIOSN TAYLOR.GOODPASTURE IS COMING OFF GOOD WINS OVER CPA AND EZELL.THEY GET A BYE THIS WEEK TO REST.THE LOOK LIKE THAT ARE READY TO PLAY LIPSCOMB SINCE THE STUNNING 29-0 DEFEAT.THEY ALSO HAVE TWO GREAT PLAYERS IN JANCO AND TURNER, BUT ALSO HAVE A COUPLE OF OTHER GOOD ONES IN BRANDON WILLIAMS AND DECARLOS ROBINSON.THIS IS ALSO ONE OF THE BIGGEST RIVALYS IN TN.THE GAME IS TELEVISED ON COMCAST AND AT LIPSCOMB. I KNOW ILL BE THERE.GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams look excellent this year, and I think it will be a sort of Battle Royale after the teams split last season. Right now it's hard to say who has the edge, with G'Pasture impressing upon 1A that they don't want to be messed with (easy wins over CPA and Ezell) and Lipscomb sustaining their feverous pitch after last year's dominant ramble through the playoffs. I wish I could be at this game; it features two classy, talented, WELL-coached teams and a respectful rivalry between fans. I'll post my prediction next week.

yes lipscomb faced a grity marshall cty team friday.i was in attendance and saw good things from lipscomb.they looked pretty good at times but looked kinda sloppy at first.they threw the ball pretty well in the few times they did.i think two were td passes. but im expecting a good game from both teams this week.

GOODPASTURE 24 LIPSCOMB 17

Edited by FOOTGUY5

After watching Lipscomb last night I would say they are ranked number 1 for a reason. Also listening to Murphy on the radio he said with that score and talking to coach Mac he felt Lipscomb would win and it might not be a nail biter like recent games. Lipsomb in my opinion is the team to beat in all of 2A along with Tyner. I see the remaining teams in the top 5 or so pretty equal. I would say Milan, Huntingdon, and Goodpasture are all right there together.

Lipscomb 31, Goodpasture 14

Burton Elrod is a really, really good name for a football player. I don't like boring names, I like exciting, unique names. It is obvious to me and all real thinkers that his parents were thinking of high school football when he was born and named, or maybe he had a relative with that name? But it doesn't really matter because I feel like the winner of this game will be the Private School sponsored by the Church of Christ... There yeeeee go!

Wow! Finally the matchup i've been waiting for all season. The Coagers versus the Mustangs. The biggest rivalry in 2A. Lipscomb looked outstanding against Marshall County on Friday night. Lipscomb's line dominated the opponent's. There defense looked solid after the beginning of the 1st quarter. The were well prepared. Goodpasture also has some very talented players so this should be a great contest. I think it will be a high scoring game. If anybody has any predictions please post.

Edited by jl20

i am a graduated fb player of this region and i hope lipscomb runs away with this one big. i have no respect for goodpasture at all and lipscomb is a well coached and displined team. i have more respect for DL than prolly out of anyone that we played. so i'm pickin lipscomb.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by eagles60