Centennial loses heartbreaker

REBELRON

actually chsdt if i remember correctly a coach was saying stuff to our coach and students were too and coach crawford just walked away like a man with class, we have class, and im sorry if your cars were really keyed but it wasnt any of the football players and anyways our students wouldnt do that, they wouldnt knwo whos cars the football players were anyways, were not classless and you would have reacted the same way we did if you were in our place, and the field goal was not good i was on the field and saw it and it was long enough but sailed a few inches wide to the right, once again, 2 good football teams met and we found a way to win, im sorry if you think so badly of us but i didnt hear any of our players saying bad things, good luck on the rest of the season centennial

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REBEL27 - Dude, if you can't see that Centennial has made continued progress in each year of Gregory's tenure you don't have any football sense. He's a good coach and this is a very solid team that will be dealt with in this region's race. Both Dickson and Franklin will have their hands full with them. They run the wing's fakes as efficiently as Hillsboro did when Tim Gray quarterbacked. It's a tough loss, but I bet they grow from it. I believe Centennial - even with the league loss - still has a legitimate shot at first. It'll be tough for any of the four serious contenders to get through the other three unbeaten. I've now seen Dickson, Centennial and Brentwood and they're all about dead even with hard-hitting defenses.

According to the Tennessean there were 28 seconds left and it was third down. The same is reported in the Review Appeal. You knee the ball. To do otherwise is a very poor coaching decision.

If these reports are inaccurate then BigDogDaddy's play calling is certainly what you do. To do otherwise is a poor coaching decision.

Coach Gregory has done a good job to this point, however, all of that means jack to me when something like this happens. It'd be one thing if it was a fumbled snap or something of that nature but this is play-calling. My opinion may not be looked upon favorably by some of you, but hey, that's fine. You don't have to agree with me.

I agree with faninthestand... you can only be so lucky in a season. Brentwood had better watch out... Smyrna will be a tough challenge for them I think.

Can't wait for the Battle of Franklin- I just hope it doesn't come down to Gregory making a bad decision. I'd rather have it safely in hand by then.

#22 and #28 were both flicking off and cussing at one of the centennial coaches after they made the winning field goal. That is classless, no matter what you say, and I can't wait for the team that beats brentwood into the ground. You don't have the team to repeat this year.

Here's the thing about Brentwood's performance: It was actually good. They say it was an off night, but if you look at it, they didn't make mistakes that would deem it as a "bad night". I think that is the best they've got, and if I'm right, we'll be seeing both Franklin and Dickson Co. getting wins over the Bruins.

#22 and #28 were both flicking off and cussing at one of the centennial coaches after they made the winning field goal. That is classless, no matter what you say, and I can't wait for the team that beats brentwood into the ground. You don't have the team to repeat this year.

Here's the thing about Brentwood's performance: It was actually good. They say it was an off night, but if you look at it, they didn't make mistakes that would deem it as a "bad night". I think that is the best they've got, and if I'm right, we'll be seeing both Franklin and Dickson Co. getting wins over the Bruins.

That is classless and inexcusable... however, I wouldn't judge the entire team on just a couple bad apples. You won't find many teams without a couple, and they come out of the woodworks in a rivalry game such as this was. But hey, I'll be happy if my Rebels are the team that beats Brentwood into the ground. I am not looking ahead or anything though, noooo.

Brentwood is not the same Brentwood as last year... we all know that... but this Brentwood is going to have to throw the football to win games... the Bruins are not flashy, and Thomas Welch is average at best as their quarterback... the key is going to be how well they can run the football and control the game against Franklin and Dickson County... they didn't do that against Centennial and the Cougars nearly pulled the upset... if Franklin can hit a big play or two on special teams, then have its defense play solid, the Rebs can beat them...

Based on what I have seen this year, if Centennial had held on, this would not have been an upset.

Franklin, Dickson CO, Brentwood and Centennial are a Pick-em game if you ask me. Any match up this year could go either way, I don't see a clear front runner after Week 4. Each team has their strengths and weaknesses, and it will come down to execution and which team makes the fewer mistakes.

This was evident last Friday night.

Will make for an interesting rest of the season. But the bottom line is I can see all 4 teams winning in week 1 of the playoffs against region 5. Then the rematches are all that matters.

Everybody needs to get over how brentwood won this game. i doesnt matter if you barely beat a team or if you blow them out by 50 points, a win is a win. at the the end of the season. no body is gonna remember what the score was to any of these games, all there going to know is that overall record. Centinial fought there hearts out and so did brentwood, and each team deserved to win. but when it came down to it i think brentwood wanted it just a little more. Brentwood got trashed by critics, newspapers, and even players and coaches, but we kept our mouths shut. we do our dirty work with our pads. Centinial is an excellent football team and im sure we'll meet again in the playoffs, best of luck to yall