Centennial loses heartbreaker

REBELRON

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its third and nine you run a QB sneak and you scrum(your guards dive on top of your QB and your tackles dive on top of your guards) in such a way that it takes the referees a long time to get to the ball to set it in play for fourth down. At fourth down with the clock ticking you line up on the ball but do not repeat do not snap it , you let the ref decide when and if he is going to blow the whistle for delay of game and then you take your five yard penalty and you punt the ball as far as you can out of bounds!

instead you run a counter...why not a double reverse or a statue of liberty...give me a break....

Get a new coach!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

has anyone heard about the field goal that centennial missed...i'm a centennial fan and we went crazy we Owens kicked i...we thought it was straight down the center..after the game the players even said they watched the tape and it was straight down the center of the posts..then on the last play i heard u can clearly see that Bates jumps on the football but two bruins players pry it out of his hands..i'm not making any excuses for a bad play call at the end but even though Centennial lost the game DOESNT MEAN THAT BRENTWOOD WON IT...

THis Brentwood team is beginning to get breaks, like the Irish (ND) did in years past.

This "luck" or ball bouncing their way began last year in the first Franklin / Brentwood tilt, when a tipped pass fell bounced directly to a Bruin behind the D. This ocured after Franklin had all the MO, and a stop on that 3rd down play would have kept the house rockin.

Scroll forward to the playoff game and again a few breaks go the Bruins way.

Last week against Blackman, a tipped ball by the defender finds it way into a Bruin in the end zone .

Now this.

Good teams make their own breaks, but this one seams like they got a little help from the Cougars.

Sooner or later the ball will bounce the other way, and if it does, the Bruins may be in for a quick exit from the playoffs.

[/b] All i want to say is that I've played a lot of football in my life and been to some big rivalry games, but the way SOME of the brentwood players acted and some of the things they said were classless. For a state champion football team, they have no class and made it seem like they blew us out. They won with 5 seconds left on a mistake by us. The players were just as confused on why we didn't take a knee as all of you are but it's over and done with and Brentwood is classless and cocky...... too cocky to have just won by 2 points. Also, just so everybody knows, half of the CHS footballs players cars were keyed....... once again a classless act by a mostly classless football team.

Edited by chsdt62

[/b] All i want to say is that I've played a lot of football in my life and been to some big rivalry games, but the way SOME of the brentwood players acted and some of the things they said were classless. For a state champion football team, they have no class and made it seem like they blew us out. They won with 5 seconds left on a mistake by us. The players were just as confused on why we didn't take a knee as all of you are but it's over and done with and Brentwood is classless and cocky...... too cocky to have just won by 2 points. Also, just so everybody knows, half of the CHS footballs players cars were keyed....... once again a classless act by a mostly classless football team.

Their student fans are worse, last year in front of adults they cussed our players as they walked by their stands, I guess their nannies weren't their to reprimand them!

i played against brentwood's qb in baseball last year, he plays hard and he doesnt talk to much trash on the field but on the field and off are two different things, I have a lot of respect for players like that because they know when to talk and when to keep their mouth shut. He played a good game and shook everybody's hand like your supposed to and then didn't say anything else. Some of their players on their special teams especially kickoff could stand to learn something from their qb. These guys were as low as to even say stuff to our coaching staff....what is that?

REBEL27 - Dude, if you can't see that Centennial has made continued progress in each year of Gregory's tenure you don't have any football sense. He's a good coach and this is a very solid team that will be dealt with in this region's race. Both Dickson and Franklin will have their hands full with them. They run the wing's fakes as efficiently as Hillsboro did when Tim Gray quarterbacked. It's a tough loss, but I bet they grow from it. I believe Centennial - even with the league loss - still has a legitimate shot at first. It'll be tough for any of the four serious contenders to get through the other three unbeaten. I've now seen Dickson, Centennial and Brentwood and they're all about dead even with hard-hitting defenses.