Swain County is coming to Morristown West!

KevinFromSwain

:D Well the time has came for Swain County, a small 1A school in North Carolina, to make a Thursday night game with Morristown West. I don't know how well Swain will play against such a bigger program but I'm going to the game!

Swain runs the Veer and I formations, Swain may pass the ball 5 times a game. The defense is a 4-3 base, and that's all I can say about that. LOL

Swain likes to run the ball and I don't know how that will work out against such a huge team. QB is #12, Josh Crisp... Fullback #33 Mich Green with the tailback being #5 Cody White. Swain has some fair linemen but I don't know much about the Morristown team. Any help coming from ya'll could make this trip a little easier to take.

:D

Kevin.....Don't let West's 1-3 record fool you. I watched them play against Maryville Friday night and they are a heckuva team. Their defense is absolutely brutal. And although I'm sure they are not satisfied with their record, losing three games to the likes of Maryville, Cleveland (both on the road), and Jeff County is nothing to be ashamed of. They have a class program and are going to finish the season very strong, and challenge some folks in the playoffs. Motown West definitely earned the respect of the Maryville fans on Friday night. I don't know a darn thing about Swain County, NC, but all I can say is...be ready for a dogfight.

Sounds like Swain and West are mirror images of each other. West also runs out of the I formation although they are beginning to go to the passing game more as the season progresses.

West's quarterback is John Minnich #12 (JR). The power fullback/tailback combination is Adam Shockley #36 (SR) and Charles Rucker #2 (SR). The speed set is Corey Loveless #8 and Bradley James #25.

Pujo's statement was right on the mark. These young men are not at all satisfied about losing the last two games late in the 4th quarter (albeit to two very good teams). These guys have loads of heart, however, and will absolutely not quit which is one of the reasons that I believe they will make a deep run into the playoffs.

Kevin, I hope you and all of the Swain County faithful have a safe trip to Morristown. It should be a great game. See you there!

Looking forward to playing you, Swain Cty. I don't know much about you, but have heard about all your championships and we are gearing up for a tough match-up. I am a big defense fan, our front line is as good as it gets. PeeWee (Brandon Fanney), Caleb Goforth and Chris Long all do a great job. Linebackers Dorning and Frederick are big playmakers. We are hungry for a win. Good Luck!

WesVols....Swain County lost four games in three years with Heath under center. Third and forty, no big deal just run a forty-two yard hook and the ball was there. I miss those days, and the fun part was Swain stayed with the running game too. If the Head Coach wanted, Heath's numbers could have shattered all in NC preps football. Not many know this but he was ALL Smoky Mountain Conference for two years as a strong safety too.

No 1A school in the state of North Carolina defeated Swain in his years, come to think about it neither did any 2A schools....LOL He lead Swain to an amazing back to back to back three peat State Championships. Nice days to recall.....LOL

I know Swain will have to play prefect ball to have a chance in the up and coming game with West. But we fans go with the heart and I know you good people understand that.

Pujo, I'll be there this Thursday and so far I gather Swain should bring about 500 fans, not too many but this is a Thursday night game....tough to make it back to work the next day.

What type of Defense do ya'll run? And don't worry I ain't no coach, besides the coaches have already swapped films. And Swain plays a hard nose style of football, I just hope Swain can hang with ya'll. Swain doesn't have a lot of size this season but the kids are a tough bunch.

;)

West has been down on its luck in their three losses so far this year. They lost 10-0 at 4A No. 5 ranked Cleveland, 21-15 at home to 5A No. 6 ranked Jefferson County, and 14-6 at three-time defending state 4A champs and current No. 1 ranked Maryville.

I for one am looking forward to this game against Swain County. I have heard all about the West defense, and how tough they are, and I look forward to seeing them in person on Thursday night. Should be an exciting game for the Morristown folks, and I'd like to be the first to welcome the Devils to Morristown.

As for a prediction, I say...

Morristown West 21, Swain County 7.