Catlett out at Clinton?

captain

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an Oak Ridger so what I say about Clinton hardly matters but after reading this thread what I read into it is that people on here don't care about Clinton football anymore. Clinton is struggling but nobody seems to really care. I know a lot of good people over there that are concerned about their season at hand and the state of the program. I would love to hear what true Clinton football fans are thinking right now. I am from Oak Ridge and not well liked by Clinton fans anyway but I enjoy a good football team to compete against on a yearly basis. I just want to know what is going on. David Clary

Well, true Clinton football fans will tell you this....its been rough. I can get on here and say that I don't like Kevin because I do he's a good guy and awesome at coaching defense from what I hear from the guys, but he never had a chance at Clinton. He was put in a place that was used to winning and having a coach that didn't care what the parents said and the parents didn't say a word about him because they were winning, but when you lose athletes every year it gets rough. I'm sorry I have to say this but I commend Kevin for his work, he's had nothing but a hard time since he got here. Clinton is a football town with a great athletic program it just seems to be over at the gym, on the soccer field, and on the tennis courts. When Gaylor left so did the discipline. The boys never respected him in the first place so shame on them. You can't blame the problems of Clinton on him and the coaching staff, maybe some parents should look at their own kids and ask em are u giving ur all in practice and do u respect him as your coach, because if they don't do that then there is no reason for you to be over at the field or in the stands all the time talkin about getting him out of the program. That's just me though....but I think if some people would step out of the picture and let the kids play and be coached the way the coach sees fit we would have a lot less of a problem, so to Kevin I would have donw the same but I would have waited till Friday at the game to do it, I wish him well in all he does and hope he can get away from here with all these parents and haters of the sport. Because if you don't love the sport that you are playing or coaching you shouldn't be near it....