Catlett out at Clinton?

captain

ummm... a boy was killed but not in a drive by shooting....it was unfortunate but I think that it may have opened some of the boys eyes up. The boys lost a lot the past couple of years and its always been rouhg for this town because it always seems like we lose someone, but they always pick up and move on and learn from it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Tony Lambert the next head coach at Clinton? He would stop the recruiting from AC. He is a firey defensive coach like Catlett was known for but never called the defense at clinton. The only draw back is that he learned from Kerr like Catlett and if you do not get players from Campbell county you can't win.

Being an OR fan I hope the Clinton football program can get a great Coach to bring back the level it was and should be.

My vote goes to Mike Ingle who not only deserves the position but should have gotten it in the first place. Enough said.

All of you inbreds that keep talking about Kerr recruiting need to get a clue. If Clinton had a coach like Mike Ingle players would not have to transfer to be part of a winning program. Who can blame them? really, come on.

If Mike Ingle was so good then how come he never came to summer workouts until Catlett got there? If Ingle was the savior then why was he not chosen? There is alot more to coaching than just being liked by the kids. Kids have to like you and respect you. I think Catlett made a big mistake when he left Knox County to got to a school where he was told the well was dry. I have heard that when Catlett got the job years ago that none of the Clinton remaining staff was coming to summer workouts or even trying to organize them. They seem to think that summer workouts should be a paid position. They have forgotten that they are football coaches, and that is part of the pay that they are already getting. Clinton get a clue, the well is dry, but one day it will replenish again. Just not anytime soon.

Edited by PLACALL

Well guy's you pose a great question. Andy Shattuck is very deserving as well! I guess I didn't mention Coach Shattuck because he is one of few OR coach's I like and would hate to see him go. To tell the truth if there was a vote, and we know there is not, I would love to see Coach Shattuck replace Bruce. OK?