Basketball

gj850

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind seeing a shot clock in high school. It would give kids some sense of college type play. However, I have a couple of problems with it. First, not having a shot clock is somewhat of an equalizer for teams that don't have the tallent other teams do. They can stay in a game by slowing down the game and have a chance to win against a more tallented but less disiplined team. Second, I see way too many poor referees with enough to worry about without them trying to keep up with a shot clock. The clock is usually controlled by someone without TSSAA training and many of them can't even keep up with the score....That being said, I much prefer an uptempo game. It is much more fun to watch.

Nope....just wishful thinking, however, I think that it (shotclock) might help in some of the slow play that we see sometimes or those region games we saw last year where the score was 7-5 final.

What's wrong with good ball handeling, motion offense, that works til the defence slips up and leaves someone wide open? :) At the college level kids are recruited and can be taught to watch the down counter. :D At the high school level they are just learning the better techniques of the game. :huh: Without the shot clock, how long can the defence maintain their intensity? B) I haven't seen a 7-5 HS game, but have seen scores like that in AAU. :P

Edited by jimbo44