David Abbasnezhad

BDURHAM

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right. This is an inspiring story. While many think all private schools pay kids under the table or give them cush work study jobs, here is a kid at Lipscomb who worked 3 jobs to pay his tuition and help his family. That young man will have a successful life. He sounds as if he is mature well beyond his years.

My kudos to David... and to Jessica Hopp for writing such a great article.

I'm on day 11 of 14 days working in a row without a day off. I'm not going to complain anymore.

A work ethic like that and dedication to more than one cause will carry through him his entire life.

I sincerely hope Wake Forest or another school steps up to give him a scholarship.

That kid has more maturity and work ethic at 17 than most people possess in their 30's. It definitely makes you think before you complain about your lot in life. I don't know anything about the kids numbers as far as size and speed, but I would like to think that some D-1 coaches would take a kid like that based purely on heart and desire to be the best player that he can be. I would be proud to see him wearing the Orange one of these days. College football needs more players like him.

If anyone on these boards knows David, please let him know I posted a link to the Tennessean article on the Wake Forest message boards. The response from the Wake family has been amazing. Talk of contributions and alternative scholarship possibilities are being discussed.The story was also forwarded to Dr. Thomas K. Hearn, Wake forest President, in hopes that something can be found to assist David. David, hope to see you in Old Gold and Black soon! Go Deacs! :D

Popeyethesailor,

Thanks. I will pass along the info to David. He is a bit overwhelmed and even embarrassed by all of this, but that is just further proof of his humility and character.

Someone else questioned about David's size. He is a little bigger than the 6'2" 250 listing. He is probably closer to 6'3" and is every bit of 255, and maybe 260. Another thing about David is that he is relatively young for a senior. He has not even begun to start putting on the "man weight" (that weight males put on when they go from adolescence to adulthood). Furthermore, David has never been able to hit the weight room and training table like he will in college. He has the frame to hold close to 300 lbs.

You are right. This is an inspiring story. While many think all private schools pay kids under the table or give them cush work study jobs, here is a kid at Lipscomb who worked 3 jobs to pay his tuition and help his family. That young man will have a successful life. He sounds as if he is mature well beyond his years.

THIS is the kind of young man that DESERVES some help...if not in his tuition, how bout helping in his support of his family. Who could fault that?