BRENTWOOD 28, SMYRNA 24

IMAFALCON

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After burning out the defibrillator these past three weeks, I'm now in the market for a sturdier model. It was Ian Van Horne putting the team on his back and almost single-handedly willing the team to victory. 2 TD on the ground, one carrying the Smyrna backfield for seven yards, one TD on an INT. Kellon Moore scored on a 42 yard pick. Wolke threw three picks. But the real heartstopper was Brentwood was running out the clock and pulled a Centennial and coughed the ball back to Smyrna with one minute left on a third down run after just holding them to a 4 and out deep in Bruin territory! It was like watching last weeks game all over, but this time we were the ones who went brain dead. Defense stepped up again and held them to another 4 and out, with the last time Wolke fumbling and Denton Casey recovering. Wolke has a great arm, but was sacked numerous times. A lot of good routes and sure-handed receivers. Even when they were covered up, he threaded the needle. But Van Horne was everywhere. McCurdy had lots of yards. Receivers need to catch the ball more consistently. Welch was on the money; Smyrna sent everyone every play it seemed. Fugate didn't suit up and was missed, and Briscoe is still sidelined. Sorry FHS27, you'll have to wait another day.

Wolke wasn't limping but you could tell that he was scared about his foot. There were many times where he could have pulled it down and ran it for 20-30 yards but he kept it and threw interceptions. I would like to see one game where Smyrna gives the ball to David Shannon more than 3-4 times. Also I would like to see him get the ball when it's at the one yardline instead of trying to boost up Wolke's stats and run a QB sneak 3 times in a row. Smyrna will easily win next week against Wilson Central and probably won't get tested again until Oakland. By the way that Van Horne kid is huge and the QB must be like 6'5.

Guest region4fan

Yeah you are right. We scrimmaged Brentwood and they have some athletes. I knew Van Horne would be a factor. He IS a monster!Let's face it, Wolke will do anything not to get hit. Now that he has a "broken Foot" it could only get worse. You are right about him trying to boost his stats...gotta update that website. AND...trying to get a MR Football Nomination too. No matter how it sounds , I do not have Wolke envy as I have been accused of having. ( I am the father of a lineman, and a former lineman myself....so know how some glory QB's can be) I just don't care for kids that seem to be playing for their own numbers and not a s a team.