BRENTWOOD 28, SMYRNA 24

IMAFALCON

Wolke is an excellent qb with a hurt foot but not good enough for the brentwood defense. Especially Ian Van Horne. He came up huge last night like usual. Talk about a replay of the bhs vs. chs game last friday. BHS had the ball to win and ran the ball and fumbled. They scored two big ones early but Wolke and his receivers came up big too. Special teams was a factor in this. Brentwood's Kyle Willis did his duties even with a re-injured ankle from last year's state game. Brentwood's punter sophomore Chris Walsh came up huge too. He gave SHS terrible field position all game with one spectacular boot. He is obviously a youngster to watch. Smyrna was Brentwood's last region game and probably one of the toughest games of their season. Once again BHS's D comes up big.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that your right imafalcon, i think that Brentwood is the 5a equivalent of Ohio State. And for whoever says that Brentwood is a class act you should listen to the way they take a win that they barely won. Last week against Centennial, when the Bruins barely pulled out a cheap win it was visable from the stands that the players were yelling at the Centennial coach's and players. Maybe their a class act but they definately have no class. :angry: I have to say however that Brentwood is doing what they need to do to win and that will take you to the playoffs.

Brentwood is an excellent football team and are very physical at every position.

The f/b l/b #35 is a stud.#9 is elusive and has decptie speed. The qb is the biggest qb i have ever seen

Smyrna put up a courageous effort despite losing several key players during the game.By the 4th quarter Smyrna was playing on emotion because they were physically exhausted from the majority of their players playing virtually every minute. I think Smyrna plays these teams well and has a chance to win but can't finish is more due to lack of depth than it is anything ,they just don't have enough left to finish the deal.

Smyrna defense played well only 2 TD'S on offense and one of those came after an int at their on 30

We may not have won but I think if you asked Brentwood coaches and players they would say Smyrna is a good of team as they have played in some time

Now the real season starts and we will see if playing one of the toughest non region schedules in the state will pay off?

DROPTHE'BO63-GET OVER IT. THE CENTENNIAL/BRENTWOOD GAME IS OVER, AS FOR NO CLASS I NOTICED THAT YOU DIDN'T MENTION THE CENTENNIAL COACH (NOT AN IMMATURE STUDENT) THAT APPROACHED COACH CRAWFORD AFTER THE GAME AND BEGAN CURSING HIM. NOR DID YOU MENTION THE CENTENNIAL PLAYER THAT GOT IN COACH CRAWFORD'S FACE AND STARTED CURSING HIM AND WANTED TO KNOW WHAT CRAWFORD WAS GOING TO DO ABOUT IT. CRAWFORD HAD THE CLASS TO RESPOND ONLY TO THE PLAYER SAYING HE WASN'T GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE THE PLAYER WAS JUST A KID AND THEN TURNED AND WALKED AWAY.

I ALSO NOTICED YOU DIDN'T MENTION THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND PARENTS (I WAS ONE AND SO WAS MY SON) THAT MADE A SPECIAL EFFORT TO FIND PHILLIP BATES AND HIS PARENTS AFTER THE GAME AND CONGRATULATE HIM ON AN AWESOME GAME. IF YOU ARE GOING TO POINT FINGERS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE FACTS AND TELL BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY.