No Fans in the Stands

mctigersportsfan

Marshall County played Whites Creek tonite in Lewisburg, I doubt there were 25 fans on the visiting side. My theory is if there are 50 players on the sidelines there should at least be 100 fans/parents in the stands. What's up with parents not supporting their children in whatever they are doing ???

I guess I am used to Marshall County fans travelling in groves,many time out numbering the home team.

Come on people they are only children for a short period of time and then we loose them.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that alot too. Makes me sick to think of a child practicing 20 hours a week for 15-20 weeks a year and then his parents don't bother to show up.

By the way, along the same lines JV coaches...if you are the home coach get a PA announcer to call the game....if you are a visiting JV coach bring a roster!! Kids love to hear their names called and it makes both they and their parents proud. And PA announcers try to compliment the O-line folks when they make good blocks!

there is some places who fill up the stands though. South Pitt always has a crowd.Marion Co. fills it up too.

Marion County did not have the stands full when Sequatchie played there a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it was because the Grundy-South Pittsburg game was that night but I was really surprised about that usually there is good crowd when those two play.

South Pittsburg brought a nice crowd to Dunlap for the game tonight!

Edited by Sequatchie

I personally have 2 sons playing (1 senior, 1 sophomore) varsity and jv. The senior has played all 4 years and sophomore has played both of his. I can honestly say that I have not missed a single game in their 4 years. I don't know what life will be like when they have both graduated and my Friday nights will be open. Friday nights are bad enough at the end of the season...I can't wait til the next season.

As for some people having second shift jobs, I can understand, but you can work something out if you really want to. My last employer knew that my kids came first and I told them before I started working there. They knew my sons played and I didn't care to work late anytime except for Friday nights. When it came game day, I would either take the day off for long away games, or ask to leave early. Most of the time, there was not a problem. There were a couple of games last year where we were told we would be working late on game nights. I reminded them that my kids came first and I told them that when they hired me. They said they couldn't help it, but I had to work. I ended up just telling them I had to leave on a couple of different nights due to games and just walked out. They didn't like it, but they understood, and said nothing about it.

When I started my current job, I explained it to my boss, and he said the kids should come first and has actually changed his/my work schedule around to accomodate games. That is one advantage to smaller businesses.

Parents, I will tell you, they grow up too quickly to miss out on it. Before you know it, they are grown and you will regret not being there for them. Your children will be by your side in years to come, and I guarantee you that your employers won't. If your employer will not cooperate, maybe it is time for you to get your priorities straight and look elsewhere. Don't give me a line of bs saying how important your job is and you have to be there. Aren't your children important?

The problem anymore is that many parents consider TV and sports to be babysitters. It doesn't work that way for me.

If the parents are too busy to show up to their childrens' football games do you really think they care about what is posted on here? If you feel strongly enough about the matter you would write the school or do something constructive for these boys (and girls). No use chatting in gossip circles; do something for the cause instead...BE A LEADER

The problem anymore is that many parents consider TV and sports to be babysitters. It doesn't work that way for me.

I couldnt agree more. I couldnt imagine not having my Mother at all my games when I was in H.S. She still comes and watches me play Church league softball. "You dont know what youve got til its gone". Its a cliche but its true. Support you kids cause someday youll be bedridden and they will remember all the games you missed and leave you there alone. Not to be mean to you ,but because thats what they are used to(not being there for one another).