Lincoln County vs. Cookeville

LCstatman

Man this is great! Lincoln Cty is set for the super bowl! Pay no attention to the CAVS-yes you will run right over them!

In fact no one is in your league-go ahead and believe your press clippings and we will see you on the short end of one you were suppose to win-just ask Coffee Cty!

You must have been reading some posts that I have yet to see. I have not seen any on here where Lincoln County Falcons fans, players, or anyone associated with the program has been saying Cookeville will be a pushover. In fact, Cookeville has as good a shot as anyone to beat LC. Like I said before, no one has the right to say we are going to will state when we have yet to even qualify for the playoffs. I have seen Cookeville in action and know what they have, and trust me, they are not a pushover for anyone. I will bet you your house and allof its furnishings that Coach Thompson and his staff are paying full attention to the Cavaliers. If anyone tells you any different and you believe them, you are kidding yourself. :unsure:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man this is great! Lincoln Cty is set for the super bowl! Pay no attention to the CAVS-yes you will run right over them!

In fact no one is in your league-go ahead and believe your press clippings and we will see you on the short end of one you were suppose to win-just ask Coffee Cty!

A lot of those "press clippings," particularly on here have not been by Falcon fans. Most of the serious Falcon fans and Falcon coaches are discouraging their players from even getting on here and reading all this hype. Coach Thompson knows quite well how easy it is to come up on the short end of one you were suppose to have won.

I doubt many Falcon fans have already bought playoff tickets. They understand football pretty well in Lincoln County. It goes one game at a time....and unfortunately for Cookeville, their number is up next.

Well said inot2bad, but I can't blame the Cookeville fans for getting upset after reading all these posts about how they are going to get slaughtered.

I've seen Cookeville play this year, on our off week, and they are good enough to beat us if we go up there with the attitude that all we have to do is show up to get the win, after all they have some pride too I'm sure they will not roll over and play dead in their own house.

There is also another former Falcon coaching at Cookeville, former running back/db. Noah Repasky, who still holds the single game rushing record of 308 yards against Stratford in 1995. I'm sure that he is looking forward to having a chance to knock us off.

Sparta Warrior,

Why are you so anti Cookeville?

I know we are rivals but neighbors should be supportive when outsiders come calling.

Many in Cookeville have always supported the warriors when they play anyone but Cookeville. In fact this year we have been following WC with excitment as to their turn around. On two occassions several years ago I went to the state basketball playoffs just to support Sparta.

No doubt, LC will win. Won't be close, but won't be ugly either. Something like 24-7.

Riverdale, you say it "won't be close," but a score of 24-7 might be considered close by many folks standards...especially those who have gone down by 40 or more.

If the Cavs get behind early, it could get ugly. Cavs best bet is to play ball control and keep the Falcon offense on the sidelines. Big question is, can the Cavs control the ball with long time consuming drives?

The Cavs DON'T want to find themselves going three and out too often. That would be a recipe for disaster.

Riverdale, you say it "won't be close," but a score of 24-7 might be considered close by many folks standards...especially those who have gone down by 40 or more.

If the Cavs get behind early, it could get ugly. Cavs best bet is to play ball control and keep the Falcon offense on the sidelines. Big question is, can the Cavs control the ball with long time consuming drives?

The Cavs DON'T want to find themselves going three and out too often. That would be a recipe for disaster.

I watched Cookeville when they played Coffee County during our off week. From what I saw, they are not a come from behind offense. However, they can torture an opposing team by getting a lead and then holding the ball on one of those time consuming drives that eats up the clock and keep the other offense on the sideline. I hope the Falcons do not find themselves in that position. I would much rather see the Cavs have to try to come from behind, waaaaaay behind. :justwrestle:

A lot of those "press clippings," particularly on here have not been by Falcon fans. Most of the serious Falcon fans and Falcon coaches are discouraging their players from even getting on here and reading all this hype. Coach Thompson knows quite well how easy it is to come up on the short end of one you were suppose to have won.

I doubt many Falcon fans have already bought playoff tickets. They understand football pretty well in Lincoln County. It goes one game at a time....and unfortunately for Cookeville, their number is up next.

;) inot2bad is absolutely right on! We Lincoln County Fans are not on here talking smack. Sure we are proud of our young men. They have suffered through a few loosing seasons and we understand what it took to get to this level, and understand when you are at this level, you are being hunted each week. If you have kept up with posts from most of our fans, we have been encouraging our young men to don't get caught up in the hype, and take it one game at a time. We have even been criticized on here for saying take it one game at a time, and for being modest.

Lincoln Co. could have been a very good team last year. They pretty much have the same team. The only difference is this team is more disciplined. This is just a fans observance. I for one could see some problems on the team that are not there now. Thank goodness. If Louis had anything to do with it I don't know. I know this though, he will give a kid every chance in the world to make something of himself, but some kids just can't be helped. This group of kids is a TEAM. They didn't have that last year. They are a lot more fun to watch and cheer for. Falcon fever is very contagious and when they're winning it gets to be an epidemic. This team can be something special. It's up to them. What a difference a year has made.