Lincoln County vs. Cookeville

LCstatman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the Cavs will play well Friday Night in Cookeville. They really have nothing to lose. They are picked to get blown out of the water. The only thing I have to say is that what was the Cavs record last year at this time, 3-2. What is it this year at this time, 3-2. Last year the Cavs beat White County, lost to Coffee County, beat Lebanon, beat Warren County, and lost to Beech. So what happened next?????????? This year they beat White County, lost to Coffee County, Beat Lebanon, beat Warren County, and lost to Columbia. So what will happen Friday in Cookeville. Well I geuss we will just have to find out by going to the game. Lincoln County in my mind is the best team in the the state hands down. But many people thought they were the one best teams in the state last year. Lincoln County is a great team and probably should win the game. Go Cavs.

I'll say this! The Cavs came into the Pit last year and put an old fashion, carry em out to the woodshed whoopin on the Falcons and I don't think anybody saw it comming. Especially after the Falcons had beaten Riverdale and Oakland. I hope the falcons learned a lesson. If they didn't they'll get another whoopin. And even though the players are mostly the same, I believe it's a different team.

I'll say this! The Cavs came into the Pit last year and put an old fashion, carry em out to the woodshed whoopin on the Falcons and I don't think anybody saw it comming. Especially after the Falcons had beaten Riverdale and Oakland. I hope the falcons learned a lesson. If they didn't they'll get another whoopin. And even though the players are mostly the same, I believe it's a different team.

The Falcons are poised and ready to fly "Bandit". Yes, they are mostly the same team as last year, but one more year of experience makes all the difference. I'm sure Coach Rankin from Riverdale will tell you the same thing.

yea but the turnovers were the game difference and we remember that..This game may be a challenge and it may not be..friday night will tell the difference.

GO FALCONS

yea but the turnovers were the game difference and we remember that..This game may be a challenge and it may not be..friday night will tell the difference.

GO FALCONS

:D Falcon4, you are cutting it close aren't you. Time to go to work! I'll handle the light weight for ya.

Forget Cookeville's game with Warren County (The Pioneers are having unique problems) Anyone can pad their stats against Warren County.

In the rest of Cookeville's games their offense is averaging about 26 points per game, but they haven't faced a defense like wha's coming to town Friday night.

They will have to score more than 26 to beat Lincoln County, which is giving up about 10 points per game.

Cookeville's defense is giving up about 25 points a game to teams not nearly as good as Lincoln County, which is averaging around 40 a game.

Lincoln County will score a bunch and Cookeville may score a little.

Lincoln Co. could have been a very good team last year.  They pretty much have the same team.  The only difference is this team is more disciplined.  This is just a fans observance.  I for one could see some problems on the team that are not there now.  Thank goodness.  If Louis had anything to do with it I don't know.  I know this though, he will give a kid every chance in the world to make something of himself, but some kids just can't be helped. This group of kids is a TEAM. They didn't have that last year.  They are a lot more fun to watch and cheer for. Falcon fever is very contagious and when they're winning it gets to be an epidemic. This team can be something special. It's up to them.  What a difference a year has made.

You are exactly right. At the end of the year last season we had 31 turnovers, that's nearly 3 a game in 11 games, and that's turnovers that we lost ,not counting our fumbles that we recovered. This year I think that it's around 17 take-aways, on the positive side. That's a tremendous difference, and in the Cookeville game alone, I think that we had 3, all inside our 30 and one in the endzone, on a bad snap that handed them 6 points. And of course the kids have matured a lot too.

As long as we don't get the big head I think everything will work out for the good on down the road. :D

Sparta Warrior,

Why are you so anti Cookeville?

I know we are rivals but neighbors should be supportive when outsiders come calling.

Many in Cookeville have always supported the warriors when they play anyone but Cookeville. In fact this year we have been following WC with excitment as to their turn around. On two occassions several years ago I went to the state basketball playoffs just to support Sparta.

Do Crimson Tide fans root for Auburn when they play an outsider? I don't think it's natural to want your arch rival to do well. Maybe it's easier for you considering the dominance the Cavs have had over us recently. All I feel towards Cookeville is resentment. All I know is, that we take our rivalry very seriously here. Last year, a group of Sparta fans went to Cookeville's playoff game to root for the other team.