Best Offensive Line Coach in da State?

pantherfanatic

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you noticed that there aren't many offensive line coaches that are not loved by their linemen. Offensive line coaches are a different breed, and the players usually willl run threw a wall for them. Kind of brings up the question, why are there not more offensive line coaches that are head coaches?

Hey Croach, you make a good point about why O-line coaches should be head coaches.

I know from what tackle rote that Lipscomb does have some great line coaches from the varsity down to middle school. It is not unusual for our O-line coaches to bring up and quote Lipscomb head varsity O-line coach. He must speak at a lot of clinics, Tom Taylor, is his name I think. Just imagine if he was Lipscombs head coach like what Croach said. I would imagine he next in line.

Kevin Temple w/ Lipscomb's middle school program actually deserves most of the credit for their success. Most don't realize that he is meticulous and pays great attention to the finer points of the art of blocking. While most middle school coaches are drawing up trick plays in the dirt Temple is doing one more drill to improve footwork and body position. He should probably be McAdam's successor at DL, but I'm afraid it won't happen. Too many people give credit to Taylor and some green-horn defensive coordinator.

We all know that the unsung heroes of any program are the hogs in the trenches. Which brings up another interesting point: DL's O-line averages 112 lbs. Their prowess comes from 3 things: technique, technique and technique. Again, they can thank Temple for that.

The best in TN was Barham from Portland, but he left and went to GA. Another good one is the guy from Beech (can't rememeber his name).

The references to junior high coaches is ridiculous. When yuo play w/ the big boys it's a different game.

And I know Kevin Temple. He coached a friend's son in middle school. He is one of the best middle school coaches I've heard of, but no way he could ever replace McAdams. That'll be like replacing Bear Bryant: a no win situation.