Coffee County

FANatic4FOOTball

BigA52 said:

"Always Faithful Blue"

Semper Fi, are you Scott Presley (sp)? And if so did you play any sports, I dont belive you did! So what exactly is your connection to CC or any teams for that matter??

thanx

:D

LOL! I hope Footballfanatic and JoeMontanaIsMyHero are paying attention. That's "Pressley" and yes, you got me. I don't know how you know me since you were born in 1986, Mr. Cutshaw. How is it that a current junior at Tullahoma high school knows everything about me being only 16 or 17 years old and here I am at the age of 24 and I can promise I've never heard of your name before?

BigA52 also said:

SemperFi, I dont know you, I just asked around until I got your name and some facts about you, like being really smart in ur grad. class. top 7 or 8 i think. but I was juss curious about you. And no i dont have anything to do with the Marines I just knew what Semper Fi meant.

HA! HA! HA! You are a piece of work. I think I said something about this on this board already. I graduated 9th in my class of 333 students. There was only one male in my entire graduating class ranked ahead of me. I was highly respected by the teachers of Coffee County Central and I to this day still give them the utmost respect for the one valuable thing they gave me--a solid education. BTW, if you're from Manchester, then how come you play for Tullahoma? AND who told you who I was? I want names. Anyone I graduated with?

It's still classic. Despite all my rants and raves about Coffee County Central High School, I still love 'em and still put the money up to support them. I guess you get sick and tired of seeing your school do bad all the time it's kind of frustrating when you feel helpless. Oh well. It could be worse. I could be a Vandy fan.

:usa:

Edited by SemperFiBlue

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tullahoma has all the big expensive restaurant chains. They have a railroad industry. This town had all the potential to blow Manchester (formerly known as Mitchellsville) off the map during the Civil War when Tullahoma had more 75,000 residents compares to it's near 20,000 today.

Tullahoma has done more to grow than Manchester has. Tullahoma has an airport. Tullahoma has a mall. Manchester doesn't have any of these necessities for growth and exposure!

It has always been my dream to see this city turn into a bustling Metropolis. That's one reason why I was in favor of the Metro Charter a couple of years ago that eventually was defeated due to lack of votes coming out of Tullahoma.

I think a consolidation of the school systems was needed. I think Tullahoma and Manchester could've learned alot from each other, but no, they didn't pass it.

Still, this has nothing to do with football. This belongs somewhere else.

The point is. I love my town enough to want to see it kick Tullahoma's rearend in size and importance, but I hate enough due to the fact that old money has kept the town small. No town with five interstate exits should have less than 9,000 residents. There is something wrong there.

:D what does this have to do with football -- this forum is not dear ABBY

chs4life, I didn't post because you mentioned T-Town's record. We all know what it is and why it is what it is. Things will get better. It just seems like every time someone brings up problems in Manchester, they want to somehow think that Tullahoma is the reason. Some people, and I'm not saying you, need to look within the city of Manchester for a fix, not 11 miles west.

I enjoy reading your posts and commend you for supporting the raiders through good and bad, just as Tullahoma supports the wildcats through good, and this year bad times.

As for the county taxes going to Tullahoma City Schools, they are the education portion of property taxes that Tullahoma residents who live in the corporate boundry of Tullahoma pay to the county. The same thing happens in Manchester. It is not a subsidy from the county, but tax money that originated in Tullahoma. Believe me, Coffee County still gets it's fair share of my tax dollar.

Now that I've said that, let me say......"GOOD LUCK TO THE RAIDERS AGAINST FRANKLIN COUNTY THIS WEEK & GOOD LUCK TO THE WILDCATS!

:D GOOD INFORMATION BUT NOT TRUE AS TAXES GO -- but what does this have do do with football -- also coffee county high school is a county school not a school in the manchester school system

What do expect us to win eveything.We aren't perfect.So what we lost to a team who hadn't won a game in three years.They were a hard nosed gruop of boys.But that don't mean they are better then we are they just wanted it more I guess.But as far as the rest of the season we won't lay down.We are just as good as anybody else.And to all you passengers on the bandwagon...SHOW SOME RESPECT!!!

Redraider....I never said that Coffee County High School is a Manchester City School. I said that Manchester City Schools received a portion of the county property taxes paid within the City Limits of Manchester for the operation of their schools. Not as much of it as Tullahoma receives, but the Tullahoma School System goes from K-12, and Manchester's only goes from K-9. Before you try and correct someone, know what you are talking about.

SemperFiBlue, Yeah I'm Adam Cutshaw and im a Jr. at THS. I know who you are cause of friends and such that I know, I know quite a bit a people on here. Tk6 ur my main man on here! And i still preshate the + membership. Scott I have no clue who you are, and if you walked in rite now I wouldnt know what you looked like, I was just curious who you were. Love to meet you sometime, there are alot of reasons I chose THS over CC and my dad was not one!!! It was my decision, but then if I told all the reasons it would be crazier than it is right now, but Honor classes and Athletics, and i know soon as i say athletics one will say look at CC and THS record, should i say Coaches Ethics? any ways you know who I am, and I dont mind anyone knowing, unlike some people who have pmed me 2 times sayin plz take my name off B). I will take somes peoples names off here since they asked. lol

thanx

o yea and J. B. dont start on me man lol

SemperFiBlue

HOLD ON! you've been on here harshly dogging a program that you werent even apart of! no wonder your comments were inconsistant! you have no stinking clue what youre talking about! Its real easy to speak harshly about a program when youre just an on looker. Try seeing things from inside a huddle, think about how it feels to know you should have won and didnt. I'm sure alot of the kids from CC didnt want to get up saturday morning after the WC game, but they did! and they probably got on CoachT only to see a guy with no clue smashing their efforts. thats really not cool, no wonder you were hiding your identity! B)

On a more postive note...

BigA52,

man, I will always have the utmost respect for you and your family! you are class act! Good luck in t-town. I know with the talent and work ethic you have the future is bright over there. Also, tell Zane Peppers I said hi and that I told him so!

Much love... even when some make it hard! B)

I have known since the beginning who Blue was but chose not to identify him to anyone. If you just read his posts for the entire season you would see he has no consistancy and has been proven to not know what he was talking about on numerous occasions. Let him have his fun and pretend he knows what is going on, just ignore what he has to say.

Hold on Jake (JoeMontanaIs. . . .),

You don't have to be a member of the football team to see there are problems. The 1997 loss to Tullahoma was the most hurt I've ever been. Their fans were trying to rip down our goal posts for crying out loud! That made me very upset. But while I did not actually play, I was at all the football games having attended all 41 of them in my high school career.

I am very proud to have gotten to graduate with a host of star Red Raiders like Chris Elam, Aaron Price, Dustin Murray, Josh Clark, the list goes on and on! These were guys who helped lead our team to their first and only playoff game ever! When I ran for class office my senior year, I started my speech off with something in reference to the lack of school spirit and why it is wrong not to support your team and what efforts could be made to get the students more interested!

Jake, it is wrong for you to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about when I watched up fall to Tullahoma by 1-point in 1994 at Wilkins Stadium in Tullahoma! And it doesn't stop with football! I was at numerous basketball games too! And even though I graduated, I was one of the first to write a letter to the TSSAA to express my displeasure with the softball team being banned from postseason play back when they ruled Coffee Co. would be banned due to a curse word that was said by a fan at an umpire and was loud enough for that umpire to hear!

So don't tell me I don't know what it means to be supportive! Yeah, our football team is 4-1, but the teams next four opponents are against teams with winning records except for Franklin County who just played four really good teams. You will be able to get a better picture of how good Coffee County truly is in these next four games! I can bet you that Lincoln County, Sweetwater, Grundy County, and Franklin County could all beat the five teams we've already faced.

So, Jake, you will get your chance at seeing whether or not this version of Coffee County football is as good as we all believed they were. It all starts in Winchester Friday night. They are ranked there right next to Coffee County though slightly higher. We shall see.

NO BODY SHOWED THEIR SCHOOL SPIRIT EVERYDAY OF HIGH SCHOOL LIKE I DID! NO BODY!

And to the one who calls himself "MyNameIs"--I could care less what you think about me. I could care less if you knew me. Obviously, I do admit who I am once exposed, so I'm not afraid that some axe-murderer would come stalking me as such has occurred by revealing identities over Intenet Chat Lines! You should watch the news. But one thing I am not is a COWARD! I bet I've put more money in the Coffee County athletics program than you have, so I don't see where you have room to put me down!

Edited by SemperFiBlue

SEMPERFIBLUE: If you are going to post peoples names on here, you need to get them right. The defensive coordinators name is EDDIE NUNLEY. You keep leaving some off.

Could we please talk about the game, the team, something remotely related to football? I started this topic so we could support our team. Please, help me out. Go Red Raiders!

Semperfi Blue,

If you ever played football, you would understand why Coffee County was not successful for the past few years

after '97, reasons are as follows, 1. lack of work ethic in offseason weights, 2. lack of talent, 3. lack of numbers.

That is all, but since 2000, weight lifting has been one the upswing, that is why the seniors on this years football team are successful. They were freshman in 2000 and have worked hard all four years.

You may realize that there are problems, but you will never understand the heart break of actually being on the field when you have fought so hard only to lose in the fouth quarter, completely exhausted with your brothers who had your back every step of the way only to come up short time after time. I would take your statments to have validility, only if you were out on the field with us, not just on the sideline cheering our successes, and critiquing us when we were unsuccessful.