BEST STADIUMS

eastTNftball

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleeeeeeeeease. Don't even try to compare the creekbank environment to Macon Co. You have one okay season and you think you can compare yourselves with the heritage of the MIGHTY YELLOW JACKETS!! I have been pretty quiet so far but now my wings are a little ruffled.

Let's see -

How many state championships do you have?

How many undefeated seasons have you had?

How many region 1st place finishes have you had?

I could go on and on.

You may win it all this year - but that still would not put you in the same category with the Yellow Jackets.

The atmosphere at the Creekbank in the playoffs is amazing. When the jackets make it to the deep round of the playoffs, it is the only place I know of that there can be more people at the game on the creekbank than Troudale has in the whole county. We only have 7,000 people in our county and when there's a great game to be played or a rival game between SC, Portland, or MC the place is packed. Greatest atmosphere I've ever seen. The old men standing around on the fence rails in the endzone give a few choice words to the opposing teams players when they go by. Also I have attended a few games at the Pit in Lincoln Co. It is an awesome stadium dug into a hole and can contain alot of people. But the Creekbank's atmosphere is what separates it from the competition. Looking at the sign in the back of the endzone with like 15 region championships and 6 state championships and 10 undefeated seasons puts that tradition in the back of peoples minds.

Well one of the worst fields is Collinwood, by far. The locker room is horible. The smell outside is the worst smell I have ever smelt in my life. It smells like sewege. Have u ever seen the field? Standing on the visitor side u cant even see the other sideline becouse it is slanted so much. On a scale from 0-10, I give it a 0.5

ANYONE IN WEST TENNESSEE CAN TELL YOU THAT TWO OF THE BEST STADIUMS ARE IN OBION COUNTY TENNESSEE.....IN TROY HOME OF THE OCCHS REBELS AND IN UNION CITY HOME OF THE UNION CITY TORNADOES...BOTH HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM AND BOTH HAVE LARGE MULTI PURPOSE BUILDINGS WITH INDOOR PRACTICE FIELDS...THEIR MAY BE OLDER STADIUMS WITH MORE HISTORIC CHARACTERISTICS LIKE JOHNNIE HALE IN MILAN...HISTORIC FREED FIELD IN TRENTON..OR PAUL WARD STADIUM IN HUNTINGDON...BUT FOR ROOM...LIGHTING..SCOREBOARD...PRESS-BOX ROOM..PLAYING SURFACE...PARKING...EASE IN WHICH TO FIND...I'D HAVE TO SAY REBEL FIELD IN TROY AND WAR MEMORIAL STADIUM IN UNION CITY ARE THE BEST

I traveled with the chargers as a player and a fan for a long time and I have to say I was impressed with Dyer County's new stadium. It had good parking, great sound and lighting, lots of room, and just really nice and modern. I also think Ripley has a nice feild and good atmosphere. Covington has a good one also, gotta plug my home, lots of seating, and the feild surface is always Grade A, and a new 2 story pressbox is a plus. However parking can be a pain.