Independence High- Williamson County

CoachT

Ron has a sure thing in Hillsboro right now. Even if he wanted the Independence job, he couldn't walk away from the talent he has at Hillsboro. This year's team isn't very talented by Hillsboro standards and are one of the best in the state. Their freshmen team is loaded and until the talent starts to thin out, which is unlikely anytime soon, I can't see him leaving.

Edited by mbraiders

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a recent meeting, it was made known that the Principal for Independence was to hire from within the system first until February. HOWEVER, in hiring for a Head Coach, such as in football, they could hire outside the system at anytime.

Just a little inside information. Best wishes to whomever recieves this position!

:P

• 4 weeks later...

Reasons Aydelot might leave Hillsboro/Metro:

1) He's in a thankless, ingrateful system/school. They went 28-2 in '01 & '02 and didn't get a "job well done" let alone a bonus. I doubt their 14-1 w/ a state championshup will be much different his year. I realize that's not why people coach, but we all like to be affirmed every now and again.

2) He's in an unstable system. With Metro you never know what might happen next. He could walk in today and find out that 3 of his assistants are being relocated to McGavock, but they'll be allowed to remain on the staff at Hillsboro. A lot of good coaches would strongly consider Metro, but there's no way you get to choose a staff, and maybe not even one assistant.

3) Hillsboro's talent may be on the way down. I hear their size is running out. Seems they'll always have speed, though.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone heard who are the final candidates for the Independence High Job?

What is the time frame for hiring the new coach?  Who are the front runners?

I don't know if this is true and it could be just a rumor, but someone told me a coach from Page might be going to the new school.

Edited by ELA

ELA,

How could you leave us hanging like that? What coach from Page is going to I-High? It is already known that Palmer has applied for the head coaching position. Are you insinuating that someone else from the coaching staff is going to I-high?

:D

I don't know who has applied at either place, I'm just like you guys, I hear rumors from other coaches and people on staff. My guess is Coach Palmer will get whatever job he wants in the county!

ELA, do you think that the Independence coach will come only from the County school system....have you heard of any outsiders that have a shot?

I know of several people who applied for the position but I don't know if any of them got an interview. I know of AT LEAST ONE PERSON who got a call about the position and was invited to apply but hasn't got an interview as of yet!