CoachT.com role call

Guest Oakland

Name: Daniel Maynard

Age(optional): 19

School and graduate year: White County High School, Class of 2003

Favorite team: White County Warriors

Favorite moment following your team: September 7, 2001. Livingston Academy at White Co. Warriors trail 14-0 at the beginning of the 4th quarter. They score a touchdown. 14-7. With six seconds left on the clock, they score again, 14-13. Coach Lamb tries a fake kick to get a two point conversion. It fails. 14-13. Onside kick, recovered by Sparta. Four seconds left. Ball at midfield. Hail Mary from Josh Lowery to Kyle Simpson to give us the win, 19-14.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

name: David "Tank" Johnson

age(optional): 33, but don't look a day over 32

school and graduate year: Rockwood High School, 1988

favorite team: Hard answer. Of course I root for my old school, but in the business you must also support those you cover. Then again, you must be unbiased and try to just cover the games without showing a favorite.

favorite moment following your team: Another tough one. There have been a lot, but I guess doing the state championship broadcast when Harriman got blasted by David Lipscomb.

Name: Brant Douglas

Age: Biologically, 30 but my wife says I'm stuck as a 12-year old

School: Todd Co. Central HS, Kentucky, 1991

Occupation: News/Sports Anchor/Reporter, TN Radio Network/WLAC 1510 AM; Host of Friday Night Finals & Sat AM Scoreboard on TRN

Favorite Team: My beloved Todd Cent. Rebels, of Course... plus my University of Indianapolis Greyhounds (long live NCAA Division II Football). In TN Prep Football I have no official favorites.

Favorite Moment: Broadcasting My HS FB Team's 1st playoff win in 2 decades when I was a senior (1990 T-C vs Heath, KY). We used a 80 yard kickoff return to set up the gamewinning t-d with 30 seconds left in the game.

My fondest memory playing sports was winning what is to this day still the only boys state championship in school history. I was a middle distance and earned points toward the championship.

Name: Tim Kilgore (Tk)

School & Graduate Year: Coffee Co. Central High 1977

Favorite Team:Tullahoma Wildcats with CCHS Raiders running a close second

Favorite Game (s): The Tullahoma/White House playoff game of 2002 at White House, great game, great atmosphere, great fans & the Coffee Pot Game of 2003 running second. This would have been my favorite game had Tullahoma won, but Coffee County won a good close game, so this is a close second.

name: Ken

age(optional): 53 but low mileage

school and graduate year: The Memphis State University - 1972

favorite team: CPA

favorite moment following your team: State Championships were nice. Beating Trousdale County was nice. My absolute favorite was beating 1997 beating FRA - Wallace to Daniel and robjim knows exactly why. ;)

Name: The One

School: Gallatin Senior High/ MTSU/ Vol State(Harvard on the Highway)

Favorite Team: Green Wave/Titans/Braves/Pacers/Hoosiers

Favorite Moment: We are fortnate enough at Gallatin to have a rich history, so its hard to pull out one moment. So I'll split it between player and fan.

As a player- After giving up the lead 23-21 to Chattanooga Baylor we came back with the sweetest two-minute drill in school history. Kicked a feild goal as time expired to win 24-23 on the road.

As a fan- The upset of Brentwood in '01, just because noone espected much out of Gallatin that year and some fools on this board predicted BHS would beat us 49-0.

name: Percival Cuthbert Throatwarbler Mangrove

age(optional): 4

school and graduate year: College of Knowledge of Southern North Dakota

favorite team: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Warriors

favorite moment following your team: The Long and short of it, my favorite day was when Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Warriors beat Ayr.

Name: welshdragon

School: Ysgol John Bright, Llandudno- 1986

Favorite Team: Dobyns Bennett

Favorite Moment Following My Team: A few weeks ago when they came back and kicked butt

LanfairPG would never beat Ayr..LOL

Scott Cannon

36 yrs old

Lincoln County High School 1985

Warehouse Mgr.(looking for work) :D

Lincoln Co. Falcons/Riverdale Warriors(yes sometimes there IS conflict) ;)

1982 LCHS beat Gallatin 13-10 OT in the State,Tim Johnson(Franklin Coach)was all over both sides of the field( defense-offense) and the big man in OT!

Did gallatin ever do anything with those shirts that said--- Where the H*ll is Lincoln County?

Go FALCONS!!!!

Did gallatin ever do anything with those shirts that said--- Where the H*ll is Lincoln County?

Go FALCONS!!!!

Not sure what happened to those shirts, but we definetly know now don't we!

I saw some kids wearing some new shirts at Gallatin. Maybe you guys can appreciate them, I sure did.

They say: "Gallatin High- spirit:yes mullets:no"

Gotta love that.